Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/29/18

3/28/18

Hi Everyone. Can you believe Sunday is Easter. It seems like Christmas was just here. Time truly does pass faster as one ages. Now we need to start thinking about summer coming with less concealing frocks. Set a goal specifically for June 20. That is almost three months to make noticeable changes in weight and thus appearance. If you are stagnating eat a little less each day. It will pay off.

I am pleased to report that I lost half a pound this week so weigh 114. I will try to lose another half pound this week.

Agate, good for you for maintaining your loss from last week. Your three year study sounds interesting. I hope you learn something from it. Do let us know how it proceeds as you go along. Keep on the bright path.

Mamabug, sorry about your small gain but glad to hear it was less than half a pound. You can definitely reverse that in no time. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week. I just hope your spirits are up from last week. You are the busiest lady I know of and feeling down can make everything harder. .Best wishes.

Msgijo, nice loss. I have an image of your baby chicks chirping away. They must be a delight. It sounds like you are getting into the spirit of Spring. I hope you have a good outcome with your endocrinologist. I hope your husband takes your good advice food wise. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

There was an article in Harvard News Letter that addresses why it is so hard to maintain lost weight. Members of “The Biggest Loser” program were located and evaluated. The most frequent outcome was a substantial gain over several years. The conclusion was that metabolism changes with a large loss and does not go back to normal. Thus one must continue to eat fewer calories than one did before the weight gain to maintain the new weight loss.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.3 pounds by two members. Good for us. We are on the right path and are happy to serve as your inspirations for the coming week.

Total Gain:

.4 pound by one member. Good for you for reporting. It is a reminder that it happens to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4078.4 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.
    Last edited by Seasha; 03-28-2018, 08:41 PM. Reason: triplicate postings within thread

Lost 0.6 lbs

Recent weights:
    03/29/18: 134.8 lbs
    03/22/18: 135.4 lbs

I leave on vacation today. Will be gone for 10 days. I hope to post next week while I'm gone, but we'll see. I suspect there will be a gain while I'm away; there usually is. Hard to resist all of my daughter's good cooking. And, we'll be at her MIL's with lots of my son-in-law's family for Easter, so that will be a feast.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.9 pounds ,

3/22 124.1
      3/29 123.2

I have noticed that it generally takes me a month to lose what I gain in a week (when I really screw up like I did last time and gained 4.2 pounds in 1 week). I am pleased with this week's loss though because I wasn't expecting to have lost any. I have been eating too much junk food - too many sweets.

This Saturday we are having church easter egg hunt which entails a cookout. Food! And the older people really know how to cook. I will attempt to stick to the better for me stuff and refrain from looking at the deserts (but I know that isn't really going to work). How about I just pick out one desert that I like the most and indulge in a small portion of it? I will report on how well I did next week.
      My husband isn't going to lose weight - he has no willpower. If I get a box of cookies for me I normally end up giving them to the chickens because they go stale before I eat them all. But he will eat a box in 1 day and then want more . I can somewhat understand - he has had so many low blood sugar events that he eats to prevent them. BUT he could eat better stuff to prevent them, or even not eat as much of the 'bad' stuff and still prevent the lows. I keep reminding him that if he wants something different then he needs to DO something different.

Tip of The Week is looming over my head. I see the endro on April 9th, and while I hope that he can do something to help me feel better I am anxious about what that something will do to my weight and the plan that I have adopted to stay this low (yeah I weigh more than what I was but still much better than the 160 that I started at).

Mamabug - Great loss . Stay safe and enjoy your vacation.

ShrinkKaren - Great loss . Good luck on the next half pound loss.

Comment

Still at 120.

I've heard that it's very hard to keep weight off after losing it. I belong to a weight loss registry that is a nationwide survey that's been going on for years. It's for people who've lost 30 lbs. or more and kept it off for at least a year. They send out a little questionnaire every year. They're trying to find out what motivates people to keep the weight off. If anyone is interested:

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Having to report my weight to them once a year may be one thing that keeps me from putting the weight back on. I don't know.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X