Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

numbness and tingling on both sides of body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numbness and tingling on both sides of body?

I’m in the middle of a relapse. Started with both feet being numb and tingly with pains & needles and has since worked it’s way up affecting both legs, stomach, and both hands. Now it’s creeping up the righ Side of my back and face is starting to feel a little tingly. I’ve had this before but only on one side of the body. Is it “normal” to experience this on both sides of the body? How long until you’ve seen symptoms get better?

Hi DCat23,

I am sorry you are having a relapse

I have dealt with numbness, tingling/vibrations/buzzing, pins and needles from the waist down, including the girlie parts. I have never had it go higher than my waist. Is it "normal?" It can be for some with MS. How long it will last is unpredictable. Have you let your Neurologist know? As I am sure you are aware; steroids may or may not help
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi SNOOPY,
      Thank you for the reply. I let my neuro know. He ordered some
      MRI’s that I’m getting done tomorrow. You’ve had numbness on both sides also? I’m a little anxious as it keeps getting worse and I’ve had a pretty frequent amount of relapses as of lately. My mind always goes to the worst place. Thanks again ☺️

Comment

Originally posted by DCat23 View Post
        You’ve had numbness on both sides also?
        Yes, both legs/feet, girlie parts (everything waist down). Is your Neurologist doing MRIs of brain and spine? Do you have spinal cord lesions? Spinal cord lesion can cause bilateral symptoms.

I’m a little anxious as it keeps getting worse and I’ve had a pretty frequent amount of relapses as of lately.
        Of course you are anxious, anyone would be. Try to remain calm ( I know, easier said than done).
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

All 3 sections of the spine and brain. It also feels liked someone’s strangling my legs and toes. I had some small spinal lesions. We’ll see if anything is active or new I guess.

Comment

Yes, every time I go numb it starts in feet and creeps up both legs. Takes 6-8 weeks to work its way back down. The only time it went down faster- about a week- was after the death of my estranged mother- within hours of hearing of her death I went numb up to waist and I did MULTIPLE affirmations and willed it to go back down. It went back down slowly from waist to feet. Affirmations are powerful stuff- costs nothing but some concentration.

Comment

Glad to hear you are having all 3 sections of the spine done. Like Temagami, my numbness would resolve in about 6 to 8 weeks. I have been numb from the waist down 3 different times.
              Take care DCat23 and please keep us informed, we care.
              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

I have also been numb on both sides and like Snoopy, the girlie parts also. I had 5 days of iv steroids and it started getting better in about 2 wks. but I had to have PT to walk again. It took about a month to actually be able to leave the house with my dh.

I know it's scary but keep hopeful and I hope you feel better soon.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                X