Mabhtera/Rituximab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mabhtera/Rituximab

Anyone on this dmt ? My neurologist suggested it and on net its mostly positive but i am afraid of pml,what are the odds? My dr says no cases in ms but still i am very worried

Originally posted by Medina89 View Post
    Anyone on this dmt ? My neurologist suggested it and on net its mostly positive but i am afraid of pml,what are the odds? My dr says no cases in ms but still i am very worried
    I have been on Rituximab going on 2 years and doing well. It's an anti-cd20 that is quite similar to ocrelizumab (Ocervus) in action. Since there have been no reported cases of PML for MS patients on rituximab your chances are probably considered nil.

I wish you well...

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      I have been on Rituximab going on 2 years and doing well. It's an anti-cd20 that is quite similar to ocrelizumab (Ocervus) in action. Since there have been no reported cases of PML for MS patients on rituximab your chances are probably considered nil.

I wish you well...
      Thank you

But there have been cases of pml with other diseases i read?

Comment

Thank you

But there have been cases of pml with other diseases i read?
        I'm glad you are being proactive about your medication choices.

People with other diseases get a lot more rituximab than we do putting them at greater risk.

Only you can decide what risk(s) make sense to you. I am jcv+ and get a quarterly CBC to monitor my blood counts. That doesn't rule out all risks, but for me the benefits outweigh the risks.

Comment

What dose do you get? i think my neuro said 500 mg will be enough ,but i do not remember that detail

Comment

What dose do you get? i think my neuro said 500 mg will be enough ,but i do not remember that detail
            I will answer your question, but please do not use my experience to form your decision. As individuals, we all respond differently to medications and have unique circumstances.

Starting out
            Day 1 - 500 ml
            Day 14 - 500 ml

Followed by
            500 ml every 6 months

I wish you well...

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
              I will answer your question, but please do not use my experience to form your decision. As individuals, we all respond differently to medications and have unique circumstances.

Starting out
              Day 1 - 500 ml
              Day 14 - 500 ml

Followed by
              500 ml every 6 months

I wish you well...
              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X