IVSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IVSM

Back at it again, I suppose. Had a floater that didn’t go away that doc was concerned enough with that he wanted me to get another round of Solumedrol (first was beginning of February). So I’m here at the hospital getting another IV. Told my 8yo I had to get another IV and she said “Nooo! Another white thing in your arm?!?! I hate those!”

That’s not even my biggest issue as far as discomfort goes though— my leg hurts!! I have a terrible, burning, nagging pain from my groin/bend of leg, in my right upper thigh that goes down to the top of my knee and stops. What is this?!

I’m hopeful steroids give me enough of a boost to cut out some of this pain. Something has got to give. Doc also said I can increase Gabapentin slowly.
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

** wanted to add:

The pain in my leg has subsided some, but the floater is a bit worse today. I had my last dose Saturday. Also, I have only had IVSM one other time, but this time I have an insane tenderness/soreness of the sides of my neck and tops of my shoulders. My bra straps even hurt!
    It goes up into the sides of my head, behind my ears. It hurt to lay my head on the pillow, and my fatigue increased ten fold since Saturday. Is this crashing from the steroids?

I know I complain to this forum often, and I'm still so new here. I appreciate y'all listening!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

Comment

Yes I get very fatiqued when I take steroids. I'm glad your leg has gotten a little better and I hope you get better soon.

Please don't feel like you complain often. This is what the forum is about, helping each other.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
        Please don't feel like you complain often. This is what the forum is about, helping each other.
        Well said!!

As for IVSM I CRASH when the IV is removed. Even if I'm tapering off with oral steroids, they are usually 80mg per day for a few days, then less, then less. The IVSM is 1,000mg blasting into your veins for 4 or 5 days prior to the oral. I have soooo much energy with the IVSM, cleaning garbage cans and stuff that never gets done... then zero energy for quite a few days.

Hope things improve for you.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
          X