Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/22/18

Hi Everyone. Well, Spring has sprung. We are having unseasonably cold weather but know this can’t last forever. Now is a good time to focus on where you have been and where you are going in the weight loss endeavor. Relish your successes and mourn your failures. The important thing is to set short term goals that are not so overwhelming as the big picture. For instance Easter will soon be here. Set a goal for when Easter arrives. Celebrate success. Consider buying a new frock. Most of all appreciate your efforts.

I am pleased to report that I lost half a pound this week so weigh 114.5. I had not weighed for a week and did not know what to expect. I feared I had gained so was pleasantly surprised. I will try to lose another half pound this week.

Agate, congratulations on your loss! The study you mentioned on how people are functioning in their homes sounds interesting. Do keep us informed as you go along. The special scale sounds interesting. Counting your steps sounds worthwhile. Good luck with the plan.

Mamabug, good going. Every loss no matter how small is worthwhile. You have done a good job at not gaining in total overtime. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, congratulations on your loss. I’m sorry to hear you are down in the dumps. That is a good idea, to talk to your doctors about it. You have so much going for you. I pray that your doctors will help get you back to your positive self. I thank you for your kind words. That means a lot. Think of your many fine qualities.

Msgijo, my goodness you have a lot on your plate. I don’t know how you manage it all. No wonder you gained. I’m so sorry you haven’t been sleeping well. That makes everything so much more difficult. Thank you so much for your kind words. You are so right growing old certainly is not for wimps. Know that I am in your corner.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Never get too hungry
    You make poor decisions when your judgment is compromised. Hunger is a primal urge that’s difficult to deny. When you're famished, it's hard to hold off until you can find healthy food. As a result, you end up eating anything that's not nailed down, and typically, regretting it. Planning meals and snacks works wonders to head off the intense hunger that can do a number on your best intentions to eat right. Always tote healthy snacks, such as an ounce of pistachios, a hard-cooked egg and some whole grain crackers, Greek yogurt, or 1/4 cup raisins. Don't skip meals or skimp on them, either. Here, 6 portable, protein-packed snacks that fill you up!

—Elizabeth Ward, RD, author of MyPlate for Moms, How to Feed Yourself & Your Family Better

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.5 pounds by three members. Congratulations to all. You three are our inspirations for the coming week.

Total Gain:

5.7 pounds by two members. Admitting the terrible truth is a step in the right direction. Admitting gains is of the utmost importance to oneself and others.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4076.1 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.4 kbs

Recent weights:
    03/14/18: 135.0 lbs
    03/22/18: 135.4 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 1.8 pounds .

3/15 125.9
      3/22 124.1

Yep - less stressed this week. I am still trying to find the time to get out in the yards to do some work there, but the more important things first.

I got some baby chicks on Monday so that means that I am adding another 'have-to-do' (feed and water them twice a day) to my list for a few weeks - until they are old enough and it is warm enough to put them outside with the rest of my flock.

Even though DH says that he wants to loose some weight he is not following any diet plan that I have ever seen work . Yeah he is cutting down on amount of carbs by a tiny bit, but he is adding in ice cream, potato chips and boiled peanuts instead of FRUITS or VEGETABLES!

My endocrinologist's office called and set me up with an appointment in a little over two weeks, so maybe - just maybe - I can get something done about the problems that I am having. And I found some 'sleep time' tea and tried it yesterday. I actually had a good nights sleep. Here is hoping that it was not just a fluke and that it will continue to work.

Faith - a small gain. Discouraging I know, but I am sure that you will lose it next week . Cold, nasty weather always has me gaining weight. Sending you some sun rays to hurry your springtime weather up (I can't send any balmy days cause we are back to colder temps here).

Karen - good loss . Sorry to hear that you too are having colder weather, but as you said - it can't last forever. I will also send you some sun rays to hurry your spring too (no balmy days as we are back to colder temps here).

Comment

Still at 120 this week but my calorie intake was up. So I'm glad that I didn't gain in spite of eating more than I should have been. My total steps each day have increased, though, ever since I treated a couple of corns on one foot--a problem I'd never had before, and I was amazed to find that I'd been in some pain and having problems walking for many months without realizing that the problem was caused by ordinary corns such as people routinely have.

I seem to be signed up for the 3-year study. In a couple of weeks I'll have a several-hour interview when they'll probably supply all of the sensors.

The special watch will keep track of my steps, and I'm supposed to get on the scales every day. I've been doing both of these anyway, but now I'll have their equipment, which is probably more accurate and sophisticated than mine.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X