Is it or isn't it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it or isn't it?

My story is a lot like everyone else's, I lost coordination and strength suddenly in my limbs (in my case worst in my hands) and have numbness and tinglies all over my body in weird places.
    I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis due to two spots on my spinal chord. Now I'm undergoing IV therapy with steriods and waiting for a brain MRI to show if i have lesions in my brain too.
    I know it can be due to lots of other things, but everything I've read about MS fits.
    I just started my dream job two months ago, I'm on a term position but it's going well and they are talking about getting us into permanent status asap. I'm trying so hard to put up a front and say it's just a weird reaction to the flu we all got our first 2 weeks on the job. It's working, and I'm hopeful.
    I just want to have an answer, and hopefully my hands back. I work in an office, so the ability to write is incredibly important.
    Thanks for listening, this forum made me feel much better. Not that you're all suffering too, but it helps to know I'm not alone and to be recognized for what I'm/we're going through.

Originally posted by SageBear View Post
    My story is a lot like everyone else's, I lost coordination and strength suddenly in my limbs (in my case worst in my hands) and have numbness and tinglies all over my body in weird places.
    I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis due to two spots on my spinal chord. Now I'm undergoing IV therapy with steriods and waiting for a brain MRI to show if i have lesions in my brain too.
    I know it can be due to lots of other things, but everything I've read about MS fits.
    I just started my dream job two months ago, I'm on a term position but it's going well and they are talking about getting us into permanent status asap. I'm trying so hard to put up a front and say it's just a weird reaction to the flu we all got our first 2 weeks on the job. It's working, and I'm hopeful.
    I just want to have an answer, and hopefully my hands back. I work in an office, so the ability to write is incredibly important.
    Thanks for listening, this forum made me feel much better. Not that you're all suffering too, but it helps to know I'm not alone and to be recognized for what I'm/we're going through.
    Hi SageBear and welcome to MSWorld

Glad to know that the forums are beneficial to you.

Sounds like you have more tests coming to determine if you have MS. Do you have to wait very long for the brain MRI?

In any case, let's hope that your current symptoms resolve soon and that you can continue working, getting that permanent position.

Feel free to ask questions, and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Keep us updated on how you are doing, ok?

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X