New symptoms just continue coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New symptoms just continue coming?

I've noticed lately I have a "floater" in my right eye. This happens mostly when I'm reading. It's more like a black string (I even thought it was an eyelash or mascara, but nope). This happens a lot.

Then this week, I have a totally new thing going on with my left hand. My finger is twitching. It's completely bizarre and kind of freaky. It just comes and goes infrequently, and I have no idea when to expect it.

I'm not in any pain with these symptoms, and I know I'm definitely more in tune with my body lately, so I guess my question is: Is this just "normal MS stuff?" Am I to expect random weird stuff happening from here on out? Am I just hyperaware now and reading too much into it? Will this stop when I finally get to start my DMT? Anyone else experienced this? Thanks for reading!
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Hi smalltowngirl,

It's very important to keep in mind that not everything we experience is due to MS.

I've noticed lately I have a "floater" in my right eye. This happens mostly when I'm reading. It's more like a black string (I even thought it was an eyelash or mascara, but nope). This happens a lot.
    This is not due to MS. Floaters are very common and are usually normal. If concerned you should see a Ophthalmologist.

Information about eye floaters:
    https://nei.nih.gov/health/floaters/floaters

My finger is twitching
    Multiple Sclerosis can cause a wide range of symptoms such as your finger twitching and is not uncommon. Can weird symptoms happen? Yes. Will a DMT stop such things from happening? Not necessarily.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I saw your other posts on gabapentin. You may want to check the side effects for gabapentin. Twitching can be a side effect. Some vision issues can be too.

My mom was on gabapentin. She had twitching for awhile. It seemed to subside after a while.

Some of the meds we take can have side effects that are also MS symptoms. I would discuss with your neuro. Usually the only way to know is when you stop the med and go thru the drugs wash out period without making other changes. For minor symptoms, it is probably not worth stopping a med.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

That's an excellent point. I didn't even think about this stuff being a side effect. The twitching is gone completely, but the floaters have increased in form and duration.

Thanks so much!
        DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
        - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Working...
        X