Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/15/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/15/18

Hi Everyone. I hope you can all bare with me. I am having a really bad day. I put dishes into the dishwasher, washed a couple, washed counters and could no longer stand up. I could barely sit on my walker. I don’t know what I am going to do. I don’t want to move from my house. Today I am going to focus on our weight loss journey and hope for the best. I think how important it is for me to be at a reasonable weight if I need assistance. I recently was diagnosed with a cardiac electrical conduction problem, not lethal but requiring medication. The Dr. said it would make me gain weight. So far that hasn’t happened but it really put me on the alert. Sorry to bother you with my personal problems. Right now I am having trouble thinking of anything else.

I gained a pound and a half this week. I really did not think I had overeaten and hope it is not because of the above mentioned medication. I now weigh 115 which is my goal weight. I do not want to creep up. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you. I hope you are not over burdened. Do let us know how you are doing.

Mamabug, excellent. That is truly a worthwhile loss. May you keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, don’t despair. That is truly an itty bitty gain. I’m glad to hear your hand is better. You want to be at your peak when it is time to take those pictures. That is nice that your parents are coming for a visit. May you all have a terrific time.

Msgijo, that’s a nice loss. That must have been a shock when your pants were tight. You are probably right about it being a smaller size. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Stock up on these

While there are heaps of good-for-you foods out there, some key ingredients make it a lot easier to meet your weight-loss goals. Next grocery store run, be sure to place Newgent's top three diet-friendly items in your cart: balsamic vinegar (it adds a pop of low-cal flavor to veggies and salads), in-shell nuts (their protein and fiber keep you satiated), and fat-free plain yogurt (a creamy, comforting source of protein). "Plus, Greek yogurt also works wonders as a natural low-calorie base for dressings and dips—or as a tangier alternative to sour cream," says Newgent. Talk about a multitasker!

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.1 pounds by two members. Good going. Those are nice losses. You both are our inspirations for the week. May you continue on the bright path.

Total Gain:

1.8 pounds by two members. Being honest is important. Admitting gains is of the utmost importance to oneself and others.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4068.61 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 lbs

Recent weights:
    03/14/18: 135.0 lbs
    03/08/18: 135.4 lbs
    03/01/18: 136.4 lbs

I really don't understand the scale. I can do relatively the same thing, week after week. Sometimes I lose; sometimes I gain. I'm glad the last two weeks, I've been able to post a loss.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm down. I think that's the best way to describe me.

First, I'm down .9 lbs to 225.5. Yay! It's better than the scale going the other way.

But I'm also feeling down. (boo!) I went to a MS seminar yesterday on Mood Changes and I actually came away feeling so much worse (sitting in the car crying afterwards kind of worse.)

I think it just brought up so much stuff to the surface--things that I really think I need to deal with now rather than trying to stuff them down and hope they can just go away while I try to muscle through everything.

I'm so irritable and unmotivated and tired and frustrated. And I feel like in the past when I've asked for help, I haven't been able to get it or I feel like I have to fight for everything. I KNOW something isn't right with me. It's affecting my marriage (snapping at my husband over EVERYTHING) and my kids and even my work (just want to sit in my cubicle all day and not talk to anyone!)

I don't want to even write this and put it out there, but I think it's part of what's been going on in my life lately and I can't keep ignoring it or hope it goes away or just gets better. So I'm going to talk to my dr at my physical next week and also to my neuro when I follow up with him in April. I discussed it a bit with my hubby last night too.

Karen, I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I hope that you're feeling a bit better today and wondering if the medication may be slowing you down a little too. Hopefully as your body adjusts, it will get better. Thanks for setting this up each week--I do look forward to coming here and reading what you've posted. Even if I skip a week, it's nice to see you keeping an eye out for me. It means a lot actually to know I'm missed! So thank you!

Comment

Gained 4.2 pounds .

3/8 121.7
        3/15 125.9

It's not too surprising that I gained this week. Discouraging YES, but I have been chasing records and crunching numbers all week for taxes. One more document to pick up for that and I am finished there (except for taking info to tax lady to file). BUT the deadline for information on my husband's LTD appeal is next week and no matter how much I push things are simply not coming through. I started requesting cognitive testing over a year ago, and it still hasn't happened. Even getting medical records that SSDI used to determine his disability is like pulling hens teeth. So I have also been fighting that this week along with taxes .

My sleep has been off - more awake time each night than sleep time, and even the sleep time is light sleep. Meals have been whatever was convenient. It feels like my thyroid is just bouncing around -Trouble sleeping weight fluctuating, irritable - Just an all around crummy week.

Today my goal is to revisit SS office, give them back their blank disk (which was supposed to have had all the requested information on it) and request a hard copy of his records - or rather have my husband do this because they will not even talk to me concerning this!

Karen - Of course you are concerned about your health! Anyone would be. And I know that the thought of cutting back even further to maintain your current weight is not an uplifting thought. I would suggest that you concentrate on the small changes again, and try not to stress too much about it - stress leads to weight gain also . A saying that I have heard keeps coming to mind lately - "growing old is not for wimps". As I continue to age this takes on more and more relevance.

Faith - Good loss . My scale acts weird too .

hsmaldo - Sorry to hear about you feeling down. I have had those feelings for the last few weeks myself. Like no matter how hard I try nobody wants to work with me. It makes me mad ( why can't they just do what I want them to do?!?), and frustrates me (can't they see how much I am trying to do? Why won't they help me just a little?!?). I am an introvert by nature, so not wanting to talk to people is a norm for me. But to have to explain myself (especially more than once) really goes again my grain.

I am glad to see that you are willing to talk this out and maybe get some help to deal with it. You can do this ! AND BTW - Great loss .

Comment

Karen, thank you so much for mentioning me every time I've been absent, and I seem to be letting time slip past me all too often!

I'm at 120 now, down a pound.

I have been somewhat overburdened, what with this building's annual inspection. That's over now and I really have no excuses left. Will try to be better about reporting every week.

I might start taking part in a 3-year study where I'd have a special scale that would also monitor heart rate as well as a watch that would keep track of steps, etc. Some researchers are interested in how aging people like me are functioning in their homes. I've been told I'm eligible, and the next step will be an interview. Luckily I won't have to travel anywhere to take part.

hsmaldo, I don't know how you juggle everything you must be coping with. I think you should give yourself credit for all that you're doing. Maybe figuring out ways of simplifying some of your responsibilities would help to make you feel better?

I wish I had better answers for anyone struggling with feelings of helplessness and irritation. I'm plagued by those feelings too and try to tell myself that feeling sad is just part of life sometimes but that doesn't always help much.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X