No announcement yet.

First infusion done today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy for you! You are so right, the least bit of improvements would make a big difference.

I haven't had a relapse but I haven't had any sx improvement. I keep hoping.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

It is really interesting to hear your experiences! I live in Halifax as well, and although I'm happy with Tysabri for the time being, it's interesting to hear about other options should I need to switch at some point in the future. Was your neurologist keen on you switching, or did you have to push for it? Mine didn't seem particularly impressed with Ocrevus, but that might have just been his way of telling me to stay on Tysabri, sometimes he's a bit hard to read!

Comment

Originally posted by sarabeach123 View Post
        It is really interesting to hear your experiences! I live in Halifax as well, and although I'm happy with Tysabri for the time being, it's interesting to hear about other options should I need to switch at some point in the future. Was your neurologist keen on you switching, or did you have to push for it? Mine didn't seem particularly impressed with Ocrevus, but that might have just been his way of telling me to stay on Tysabri, sometimes he's a bit hard to read!
        Hi sarabeach,

Well, to answer your question about my neurologist's enthusiasm, it was almost non-existent. It's just the way he is though, because the nurses and other people in the clinic were quite excited about Ocrevus. I had to push him to switch from Tecfidera to Ocrevus, and I'm glad I did. I find sometimes you really have to take your health care in to your own hands a bit! I really had a good feeling about this new drug, and I'm glad I pushed to try it

I heard Tysabri is a great drug too, but I've never been on it. I think I was afraid of the side effects and I chose against it. Now I understand better the whole JC virus it and the risk of PML and I see it can be a great and safe drug as long as you are not JC +ve.

Comment

These postings are really very encouraging. I’m having my first dose tomorrow. I’ve read some posting with reactions in the days after but I’ve read more with no reactions or side effects. I’m hoping for the latter group!
          I’ve also read, on other sites as well as this one, about patients over 50 being steered away from this therapy because it wasn’t tested on this age group. I’ll be 60 in July. My neuros never once said anything about an age issue. I’ve been on all the interferons over the years as well as gilenya for the past year. I’ve gone downhill quickly on gilenya, so I’m hoping for the best with Ocrevus. Thanks for all the positive postings...hope you all continue to do well!

Comment

AM 1958 - I'm glad these posts are being helpful REG 53 - Thanks!!

Ok, So it's been a month already, somehow. I'm doing well. I'm pretty happy! I'll tell you though, because of the new bounce in my step and my ability to get around more quickly, I have to be careful!! I feel so good tromping through the halls at work that I tend to go too fast, so I almost tripped and fell twice last week! I guess that is a positive thing overall, just caution is required. I just feel so much more free now! I went swimming last Thursday on my day off work, and the nice thing I found is that the next day I did not have the usual dragging myself around. Usually, the day after I swim, I am SO slow at work. My legs move more slowly, I'm stiff and it's harder to get around. I've been doing this for three or four years, so I'm used to it and can manage. This time, when I went to work the next day I didn't have a hard time. In fact, my legs felt good. I'm just happy overall with this drug. It's giving me nice little surprises.

I'll write again at three months

Comment

Working...
            X