Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/8/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/8/18

Hi Everyone. Here we are again. I am so thankful to all who participate in this process. I can’t imagine keeping my weight in check without our group. I shudder to think what I might weigh otherwise. I have found this to be a learning experience. Hearing how you all attack the weight problem has given me ideas that I can use in my own journey. Thank you all more than I can say.

Well, I came close to my goal for the week. However, I gained more than planned. I now weigh 113.5 which is a pound and a half gain from last week. I wanted to get to 113 so went slightly over. I have some fluid retention so maybe that accounts for half a pound. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, it’s good to know you are still on track. I can’t imagine how you manage such consistency. I eat pretty much the same things each week except for when I have company which isn’t often. As we know I can vary several pounds in one week. You should patent your method!

Mamabug, sorry about your small gain but know it is temporary. You go back down as soon as you go up. Keep working at it.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, I’m glad to hear all is going well with MS but sorry to hear your thyroid continues to be an issue. It is good your neuro is on top of it. Do let us know the latest on your thyroid evaluations. Good luck with keeping your weight where you want it.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is o.k. Hope to see you this coming week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Forget diet denial: Try adding foods to your diet instead of subtracting them.

Add in healthy goodies you really love, like deep-red cherries, juicy grapes, or crunchy snow peas. Slip those favorite fruits into your bag lunch and breakfast cereal; add the veggies into soups, stews, and sauces.

"Adding in really works, taking away never does," says registered dietitian David Grotto, RD, LDN, author of 101 Optimal Life Foods, but do remember to keep an eye on overall calories. And don't forget to add in something physical, too, whether it's doing a few dance moves before dinner, shooting hoops, or taking a quick stroll.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.9 pounds by 2 members. That’s a nice loss. Losses are so important to keep people motivated and to prove it can be done.

Total Gain:

.8 pound by one members Thanks for your honesty. We all need to be reminded it can happen to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Losts 1.0 lbs

Recent weights:
    03/01/18: 136.4 lbs
    03/08/18: 135.4 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 1.1 pounds .

3/1 122.8
      3/8 121.7

I was so afraid that I had gained a ton ( when I got dressed for church Wednesday night my pants were SO tight) but they must have been a really smaller size . AND we had chinese again (soy sauce). But I guess that my apple snacks helped even things out.

I have found myself using the Tip of The Week lately. It has turned cooler here this past week, so I have prepared stews and soups. Adding in healthier ingredients not only makes them taste better, but also provides needed vitamins and minerals. They are filling enough that the urge to overeat or splurge on junk is minimized.

Karen - that gaining just a little never works for me either . Hopefully it is simply water weight and will drop off easily.

Faith - GREAT LOSS! Keep up whatever you are doing.

Comment

Up .3 lbs to 226.4 from the last time I checked in. Time is simply flying by and I'm doing my best to keep up!!

We've had two snow storms hit since last Friday. There were school closings and delays and early dismissals. This week I think the girls have to school for only 2 days. My entire week is messed up and I feel like it's Monday instead of Friday! I guess I'll be happy when the reality sinks in that I am off tomorrow!

My hand is better--only minimal stiffness in my finger and I pulled out my camera and started playing with the settings again. I got my first AND second emails regarding the upcoming horse shows and I'm officially booked for the first two. I am SO EXCITED! I also registered a business so I can deduct business expenses this year. Hubby is on board with me buying another camera to offset tax liability this year. But we'll see how this season goes.

My parents are coming out for a visit and I'm really excited about that. But I also have to clean up the guest room which somehow went from being presentable to looking like a tornado went through there and left toys and stuff EVERYWHERE. It's easier to just close the door and forget about it!

I'm also enjoying the tip of the week--I didn't see it until after I went grocery shopping, but I had already bought some snap peas to snack on! As much as I despise when the time changes, I am excited that it will be light out longer and maybe I can start being more active when I get home from work. My hubby starts coaching this next week, so I'll be picking up the girls and picking up the slack around the house for the next 2 months.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Spring has to be around the corner (maybe after this next snowstorm that they are predicting for Monday?!)

Comment

Working...
        X