No announcement yet.

Newly diagnosed on active duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to give an update since its been awhile...I am staying in the 12R career field, just not flying anymore. My next assignment will be a staff gig, probably summer timeframe to Alabama. My Lt Col board is upcoming, and should expect results in May/June ish. No severe issues popped up since last year. I've been running alot and training for a half-marathon in April. Changed medication from Detrol LA to Toviaz due to the former not being as effective...needed higher dose. Still taking Tecfidera.

Sadly my personal life went to hell, but not related to MS, and going through that mess...should be all resolved by the time I PCS. It was a very long time comming, but kids involved now makes it much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Excellius View Post
      Just to give an update since its been awhile...I am staying in the 12R career field, just not flying anymore. My next assignment will be a staff gig, probably summer timeframe to Alabama. My Lt Col board is upcoming, and should expect results in May/June ish. No severe issues popped up since last year. I've been running alot and training for a half-marathon in April. Changed medication from Detrol LA to Toviaz due to the former not being as effective...needed higher dose. Still taking Tecfidera.

Sadly my personal life went to hell, but not related to MS, and going through that mess...should be all resolved by the time I PCS. It was a very long time comming, but kids involved now makes it much harder.
      Glad to hear you are still able to get after it. Good luck with your board and best of luck with the proverbial hell. Focus on the kids and the long game.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi.... Long time since I been here. Had a very rough year, not MS related.

I had documented Sx going back to 1967! The standard for service connection is having documented symptoms while on AD.

The VA tried to label me a nut case In 1986;VA medical reclog, "vet is certain he s seriously ill, and just not showing up on medical works" They sent me to their shrinks, who took my side, but the VA refused to follow-up. Fast forward to 2009. a non-VA Dr opened the MS can-o-worms. The a NEW VA DR, not yet, indoctrinated in VA ways, ordered the MS testing I asked for and Dx with "long standing RRMS.

I highly recommend DAV! PVA was worse than a *****. I found them to be working AGAINST me, an actual, active hindrance to my VA SC case.

PLUS 30% in the LOWEST or minimum VA rating for MS. I am currently rated at 60%.

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
          Hi.... Long time since I been here. Had a very rough year, not MS related.

I had documented Sx going back to 1967! The standard for service connection is having documented symptoms while on AD.

The VA tried to label me a nut case In 1986;VA medical reclog, "vet is certain he s seriously ill, and just not showing up on medical works" They sent me to their shrinks, who took my side, but the VA refused to follow-up. Fast forward to 2009. a non-VA Dr opened the MS can-o-worms. The a NEW VA DR, not yet, indoctrinated in VA ways, ordered the MS testing I asked for and Dx with "long standing RRMS.

I highly recommend DAV! PVA was worse than a *****. I found them to be working AGAINST me, an actual, active hindrance to my VA SC case.

PLUS 30% in the LOWEST or minimum VA rating for MS. I am currently rated at 60%.
          good for you. did they make you right with back pay?
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
          X