Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about medicinal marijuana (Cannabinoids)- Member Topic for March 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk about medicinal marijuana (Cannabinoids)- Member Topic for March 2018

Your Member Topic for the month of March is here!
    You made suggestions and we listened!
    Thanks to all who participated in February's Member Topic of the Month!

Many US states now have made medicinal marijuana legal. Has your state legalized it? Are any of you using the hemp strain that is high in CBD or Cannabinoids that have been purported to have therapeutic effects for those living with MS?

Please join us and share you thoughts and stories of how it has helped you. Your comments are always welcomed.

Thank you all for your participation and stay tuned for more topics from your suggestions in the months to come! We appreciate all your thoughtful ideas and hope to hear more from you! You can add more suggestions here: https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...TH-suggestions!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

LEGALIZE IT ALREADY!!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Your Member Topic for the month of March is here!
    You made suggestions and we listened!
    Thanks to all who participated in February's Member Topic of the Month!

Many US states now have made medicinal marijuana legal. Has your state legalized it? Are any of you using the hemp strain that is high in CBD or Cannabinoids that have been purported to have therapeutic effects for those living with MS?

Please join us and share you thoughts and stories of how it has helped you. Your comments are always welcomed.

Thank you all for your participation and stay tuned for more topics from your suggestions in the months to come! We appreciate all your thoughtful ideas and hope to hear more from you! You can add more suggestions here: https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...TH-suggestions!
    Good Topic
    Can't wait to hear what kind of experience others are having with these types of medications.

I live in Ohio, nothing's legal yet, so it's difficult to get medications. Sad thing is our idiotic state legislation grabbed ahold of the potential legalization of medical marijuana products, so it's since run into complications in getting it off the ground and with all the hands into each other's pockets and government bul
    ...think I'll stop there!
    Anyway....

I would love to find an oil or a specific strain of weed that would help with spasticity. Looking forward to hearing the experience of others.

Comment

Tired of suffering

My state it’s not legal,but I tried it and it works great for my painful spasms. I was having lots of electrical pains in my shoulders it took care of it. I wish they would wake up!Dont want to suffer no more

Comment

Finding what's needed in a pre-legalized state is hit and miss. Too much THC and my ability to walk goes downhill, but I've done really well on CBD high strains.

I haven't found a "dealer" (hate that word, but again, pre-legalized state) that knows what kind of strain they're getting. Kind of sad, and it makes experimentation with things hit-and-miss. :-/

It's a very different time than two decades ago when all I was looking for was strong THC. Strong CBD is probably less popular in general as it results in a weaker stone. Weird how things change.

Comment

Originally posted by ppmsichshize View Post
          Good Topic
          Can't wait to hear what kind of experience others are having with these types of medications.

I live in Ohio, nothing's legal yet, so it's difficult to get medications. Sad thing is our idiotic state legislation grabbed ahold of the potential legalization of medical marijuana products, so it's since run into complications in getting it off the ground and with all the hands into each other's pockets and government bul
          ...think I'll stop there!
          Anyway....

I would love to find an oil or a specific strain of weed that would help with spasticity. Looking forward to hearing the experience of others.
          Rob ~

I'm in Ohio too.

Remain hopeful!

Ohio law requires the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program to be fully operational by Sept 8, 2018. https://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.go...nts-caregivers

Also, there is a very popular hemp center in Toledo, that uses cannabinoids that are extracted from the hemp plant (CBD). They sell pills, oils, edibles, lotions, etc. - all legal - but no THC high, though. The owner does not dispense marijuana, and is going to keep his business distinct from the soon to come marijuana dispensaries.

I have not used any of the products yet. However, I know a few people who use the products for pain and anxiety (and claim that they receive much relief), and have even discontinued their regular narcotics.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by headrift View Post
            ... I haven't found a "dealer" (hate that word, but again, pre-legalized state) that knows what kind of strain they're getting. Kind of sad, and it makes experimentation with things hit-and-miss. :-/ ...
            This - and I am not willing to hunt up anybody who would have access to product.

Seems kinda a no-brainer to me - states need money. But they spend so much money on arresting and incarceration of offenders of marijuana laws when they (states) could be reaping profits from legalizing and taxing the sale of regulated marijuana .

Comment

My state has legalized both recreational and medicinal. According to the Liquor and Cannabis Control Board Washington state collected a total of $319 million in legal marijuana income and license fees in fiscal year 2017, all but $4 million of it from the state’s marijuana excise, or sales tax.

Funny thing is I haven't used any form of marijuana since college in the early 70's. I probably could benefit from Cannabinoid (CBD) to help with spasticity. Would like to hear other's who use this for that reason and if it helps.

Comment

Hemp products

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                Rob ~

I'm in Ohio too.

Remain hopeful!

Ohio law requires the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program to be fully operational by Sept 8, 2018. https://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.go...nts-caregivers

Also, there is a very popular hemp center in Toledo, that uses cannabinoids that are extracted from the hemp plant (CBD). They sell pills, oils, edibles, lotions, etc. - all legal - but no THC high, though. The owner does not dispense marijuana, and is going to keep his business distinct from the soon to come marijuana dispensaries.

I have not used any of the products yet. However, I know a few people who use the products for pain and anxiety (and claim that they receive much relief), and have even discontinued their regular narcotics.

Take Care
                KOKO.

I'm very familiar with To let do 😁

Where might I locate this store?

Comment

Originally posted by ppmsichshize View Post
                  KOKO.

I'm very familiar with To let do 😁

Where might I locate this store?
                  Rob ~

You can google Toledo Hemp Center (it's on Phillips Ave).

I put the url (an article about the center) in my profile (just click on my user name).

Take Care
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Totally Agree

I found out rather quickly about the effects of THC with ms and how it um, makes walking even more impossible

But its fun learning the names on all the strains that are available ( in the legal states ).

All we can do is educate ourselves and find out what works best. Right?

Every one and ever case is different obviously.

I remain hopeful!!
                    feeling hungry too

Rob

Comment

GREAT!!
                      i'LL LOOK IT UP.

THANK YOU

Comment

Yeah... THC was a party by itself twenty years ago for me. Now I stay on the couch for a reason.

Educate yes, experimentation is sadly the way of it in most states. Be safe with that... experimenting as a teen was fun and all, but stakes are higher at this age. I've been trying to search around for CBD-heavy strains, but gl there, as most want the highest (ha ha) bang for the buck.

Totally different game now.

Comment

Results?

Question for those able to medicate with MJ

What strains do you find helpful?

In what form do you take the medication?

whats better for you? Indica or Sativa, or what blend of hybrid ?

Obviously everyone is different, but knowledge is power...

Comment

For our Canadian friends - just now saw this and thought to pass it along:

Registered patients in Canada can now purchase CanniMed Topical Cream, a product with medical cannabis oil designed to provide fast-acting relief for patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) and other conditions associated with pain and inflammation.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...f6c79-72871989

But wow, it is pricey!

Comment

Great topic! I wish all patients with MS could use this and be covered by insurance. I joke that insurance won’t cover it because it’s effective and has no side effects .

My neuropathy dropped by 80% on 1:1 CBD : THC ratio. Spasticity drop 20 %.its legal here.

I have an ongoing blog about my use of MMJ if it’s helpful to this great discussion here:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...ana-Today-blog

And here:
                              http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...erson-Syndrome

Comment

Working...
                              X