Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiver of life insurance premium

Hi
    I’m wondering if anyone here been granted waive of life insurance premium due to disability ?
    I’m approved for SSDI and LTD and have applied for waiver of life insurance premium
    I have received a 10 paged form from insured to fill
    All type of questions

Do you know what are they looking for to qualify or disqualify me ?

I thought remaining disabled for six months and approved by SSDI qualifies me for waiver

I’m not clear what are other cruterias?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I got the life insurance waiver from private LTD. I do not recall having to fill out an extensive form, just a form by a certain deadline. Are you sure that the ten page document pertains only to the life insurance? My sense was that they deny more folks from continuing the life ins. by having them not meet the deadline. Take away: make sure you meet the paperwork deadline.

Comment

I am receiving a waiver of premiums on my private life insurance policy. I really don't remember what all I had to fill out to get it started, but I do know that I receive a form (4-6 pages) to fill out each year in order for it to continue. My doctor also has to fill out part of it.

It is frustrating. I am like "What part of TOTAL AND PERMANENT disability do you NOT understand?". I suppose that they feel that we have to do something in order to get this service, but as far as I am concerned I did my part by paying for this service for years prior to needing it.

Comment

I'm on SSDI and LTD.

I applied for a waiver of my private life insurance premium and it was approved. I completed part 1 of the form and then gave to my Dr. to complete part 2 and submit.

I also get an annual "renewal" I need to complete and send to my Dr. as well. I questioned them too as to why it's needed for my permanent disability and they stated it's required by their policy. oh well..

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies
          My life insurance is employer group life insurance
          Few pages need to be filled by physician about my restriction and medical condition
          I need to fill the rest, it’s all about my sleep /eating/driving, daily routine and so
          I’m puzzled what are they evaluating ?

Thanks for your input

Comment

Hi guys down here in OZ I cannot get life insurance, one of the questions I get asked is do you have MS by all the insurance company's i have contacted, they will cover me for accident only. Craig

Comment

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
              Hi guys down here in OZ I cannot get life insurance, one of the questions I get asked is do you have MS by all the insurance company's i have contacted, they will cover me for accident only. Craig
              Yeah, pretty much if you don't already have life insurance BEFORE dx then you can not get it.

But from all that I have seen, the life expectancy of an MS'r is similar to the average populace. So why the discrimination ?

I don't make the rules - Just try to navigate around them. But the best advice for somebody in limo who is thinking that MAYBE it could be MS is to get all insurance that you will need NOW. Life insurance, Long Term Care insurance, Disability insurance, even top rate health care. Because that "PRE-EXISTING CONDITION" phrase will be held against you forever after the dx.

Comment

Working...
              X