• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check In 03/01/18

Eight people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two didn't make goals. It's OK to set new ones. We need to keep them manageable. I don't think any of us would intentionally set goals way below our ability. We're here because we keep trying to do what we can.

OTHER:
    Diamond set new a goal for next week.
    Lisa set a goal.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals

These were my goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.

Steps:
    Th- 1135 steps
    F - 845 steps
    S - 860 steps
    S - 1608 steps
    Mon - 912 steps
    Tue - 3033 steps; Silver Sneakers
    W - 1224 steps
    Total: 9,617 steps; average 1373 per day

I had a very low-exercise week, mostly. The weather was bad most of the week. Cold with icy roads. Schools were cancelled a two or three of those days and so I just didn't leave the house. Also, I was feeling somewhat under the weather. Nothing serious, but cold symptoms -- maybe some undiagnosed bronchitis. So I didn't have much energy.

Sunday, I went to church even though I wasn't feeling great, because I was scheduled to do Children's feature during the worship service, so church added a few steps compared to the rest of the week.

By Tuesday, I finally was somewhat improved. And, the weather is nice again. In the 60's the last couple of days. So, I did go to Silver Sneakers class, run some errands, etc, so my steps added up.

On Wednesday, I didn't bother to push myself to get up to 2000 steps since I knew I wouldn't make my goal, but I did get out of the house to do some activities on Wednesday too.

I'm still not 100%, but I'll try to do better this week. I'll continue the same goals.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi There Team Exercisers!

I made my goal my the seat of my pants. When I look at my numbers they are so inconsistent. This right now is my motivation.

Thurs-1825
      Fri-3864 (felt good that day)
      Sat-1849
      Sun-2372
      Mon-3767
      Tues-2793
      Weds-1062

Total=17,532 Average=2504

The weather is in the 30's here. I have a retractable cane but I'm still a chicken after my last fall. I'm grateful in the apartment complex I live in has nice thick carpet so that makes nice for walking.

Faith,
      You work so hard and when I started on this MS.org you, Marco, Seasha, Jules and a few more helped me through so much with your great knowledge. Yet, I'm learning everyday about my body and I have many other illnesses so I cannot blame everything on MS. All I can do is try. Sometimes it doesn't do what you want it to. Supporting each other is the best medicine. Good Luck this week. I'll be rooting for you.

Have a wonderful weekend Team!!!

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Goal is >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days with an average of 3500 steps/day.

Made my goal .

Thu - 6099 Finished up shopping for food bank
        Fri - 5657 Finished washing / hanging out comforters
        Sat - 6883 Food bank bagging items
        Sun - 4694
        Mon - 4994 Doctor appointment
        Tue - 5855 Husband to doctor
        Wen - 5731

Walked over 4000 steps on all 7 days with an average of 5694 steps/day .
        It has been a very productive week. This coming week will be harder to get steps in (I only see 1 high step day) but there ARE things that need to be done in the yard, so maybe I can get the minimum amount of steps and add in other activities to stay active. I will keep same goal next week.

The weather here is great. Flowers and fruit trees are starting to bloom and I have gotten my shorts out already. And of course the house needs a good 'spring cleaning' - not my fav activity. So as long as I can get / stay motivated there are plenty of things to stay active doing.

Sending everybody the stamina and motivation to keep moving .

Comment

I made my goal. I rode bike 3 days and I went on two short shopping trips and I did some of my usual housework.

Mamabug- I also have a cold or sinus infection and it does take a lot out of you.
          Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you everyone for being an inspiration and wishing all a great week.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

I'm glad to see so many of you made the goals you set
            And Mamabug, it's good that you are listening to your body and not trying to over do it.

I made my goal too. Actually, did physical stuff 6 out of the 7 days! I got a new curio cabinet and worked 2 days hauling antique bowls, plates, tea cups, stem ware, etc.from storage. Some from my great-grandma, grandma, and mom's belonging that were stored away. It makes me so happy to have these out now

Dusted and other housework, vacuumed, babysitting & grocery shopping.

Next week activity 5 out of 7. Have a good week everyone!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet with rollator (doing activities or walking) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - and stretches. This includes walking with rollator for 30 min, 5X during the week.

Will keep the same goal, as it feels like my max output for now.

Wishing good energy and endurance to all!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not make my goal

I'm still not quite on track. I completed two days exercise and part of another which is some improvement from what it has been lately. I will try to do better this week. Congratulations to all who are doing well or trying their best. Karen

Comment

Working...
                X