Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/1/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/1/18

Hi Everyone. Well here we are into March. Easter will be here before we know it. Now is the time to think about Easter attire and getting a few pesky pounds off before the big day. Mini goals are very useful. Making a goal for the near future can lend impetus to the overall process.

Hey what happened. I weighed this morning and weigh 112, a 3.5 pound loss which is below my goal. I don’t know how that happened. Now to getting to 113 without going overboard will be a trick. I will try to gain half a pound this coming week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is o.k.

Mamabug, nice loss. Keep it up and you will be in great shape for Easter. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, sorry about the gain but knowing you that will change this week. Best wishes.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, sorry about the tiny gain but based on your record so far you will reverse that this coming week. I’m in your corner.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Allen Mikhail suggests spending a few minutes planning out your snacks for the week so that you will be less tempted by your co-worker’s baked good in the break room or the chips in the vending machine. Instead, opt for bananas, apples, almonds or yogurt.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

,6. pound by 1 member. That’s a nice loss. Thanks for reporting the loss. It proves that it can be done.

Total Gain:

3.6 pounds by three members. Good for you all for fessing up. It takes courage to admit the disappointing news. I predict you will all do better next week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4065.61 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 pounds this week .

2/23 123.2
    3/1 122.8

I had an appointment with my neuro this week. All is going well with MS, BUT he was very concerned with the thyroid problems. In fact he took as much info as I had and then reached out to get the rest of the information from the doctors that I have seen for this problem. He is concerned that my thyroid levels will drop dangerously low and is urging me to continue to get and keep an eye these levels. He was actually happy that I have gained weight since last year ( ) but that is what is driving his concern about my levels dropping too low.

Reflecting on our discussion I have decided to change my weight goal back to my original goal of 129 pounds ( the weight that "they" say is my ideal weight ). I PREFER to stay around 120 pounds, but am starting to realize that as long as I am in flux with thyroids that may not be possible.

Who would have ever thought that something so small and overlooked could control so many of our body's functions?

Even changing my goal higher I will attempt to lose half a pound this week. This is a battle that I will continue to fight!

Comment

Gained 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
      03/01/18: 136.4 lbs
      02/22/18: 135.6 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My apologies again for not weighing in. ShrinkKaren, it's so nice that you keep tabs on me.

Still at 121. "Rome wasn't built in a day."
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X