Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of Starting Ocrevus

Hi All,

I have been on Facebook Pages regarding Ocrevus and there were many people on there that had pretty bad things to say about O's side effects. Many said they went through a bad depression after getting the treatment also many said that symptoms they never had before started becoming an issue. I was supposed to start in November but cancelled my appointment after reading the horror stories.
    I went to my doctor a few weeks ago and she said that she has had no complaints such as these and there are over 300 patients within the hospital she works for on it currently. She really wants me to give it a try but I am very nervous. I'm not so much worried about the side effects during the infusion as I am after. Can anyone who is on it give me feedback about the side effects they experienced after the infusion.

THank you in advance.
    Denise

Hello Denise,

After my first two infusions I was very tired probably due to Benadryl and sitting in the chair 5.5 hrs. I was fine the next day. My 6 mo. infusion I had same tiredness but that night I had a lot of burning pain on legs and arms but I'm not sure it was cause by Ocrevus. I took something to help me sleep and the next morning I was fine. These are the only issues I've had. I was already taking an anti-depressant so I really don't know about getting bad depression.

Wishing you all the best whatever you decide.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

I tried copaxone and gilenya and am now on ocrevus. I give it two thumbs up. Yes, the benadryl knocks me out during the infusion but no negative side effects have occurred afterwards. I go for round three next month. I have had no relapses whereas I was having 2 per year and a patch of skin that was non-stop parathesis cleared to feeling normal within weeks of the first infusion. I will know the latest EDSS score next month as I´m taking it within a clinical trial. I am interested to see if there will be any change in that. I have been going to yoga regularly and that makes an enormous positive difference. If you try that, I recommend chair, gentle or hatha. I would avoid astanga, hot yoga and vinyasa.

Comment

Thank You!

Thank you both for your replies. I have spoken to both the doctor and pharmacist about Ocrevus I feel as though they only know the science behind it and only someone taking it can truly tell you how they feel on it.
        Best wishes to both of you.

Comment

Working...
        X