Mood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mood

Hello, I seem to have more bad days than good,is it my depression or m.s or combination of both? I am 58 male and this m.s. has been really been hard. I am using walker or wheelchair thankyou

I'm sorry you are feeling depressed I don't know if depression is a result of lesions in the brain or just the fact that living with MS can be depressing, or combination of both, but I know a lot of us deal with it.

Are you on a anti-d? If you are already, maybe it's time for a change of meds. Talk with your Dr. about this. No need for further suffering.

In the meantime, try to engage yourself with activities that make you happier. I know that some kind of exercise, based on your ability, can help raise endorphins, thus lighten our moods. Make sure your Vit. D and B levels are adequate. A blood test can determine this.

Take care now!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Last August I broke my hip and they put a rod in my femur and I broke top of left foot.yes i am on anti-d a week later I had gallbladder removed

Comment

I am not sure where u. The US, but any chance you could be affected by SAD, seasonal affective disorder? I was on antidepressants before, but struggled in Winter. No longer on an antidepressant, but still had trouble in Winter.

I used a special light two years ago for 30mins/day and made a big difference. I was supposed to start in Sept again, but forgot and didn't start until January. So winter a little tougher this year. On my calendar for September this year!
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Pennstater, thank you for reminding I too have a light,it does work,I been so busy this pass year I forgot about it

Comment

Working...
          X