Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all

Hello MS World,

My name is Rob. I am one of the lucky recpients of PPMS, diagnosed Nov 2014. After going through a few nuero's looking at symptoms pointing towards sciatica, spinal stenosis and finally a L5 disceptomy surgery, until I stumbled upon a neuro that was able to see beyond all of that. So as many know, ( finally getting to the diagnosis after all the testing) ...I was somewhat relieved that all the poking, prodding and tortures of wondering what was going on had ended.
    Glad I had decent healthcare, I reaaaallly think we coulda gone without the back surgery. Lol

So fastfoward a few years, the docs weren't kidding....its progressive alright!

What started out as foot drop and calf muscle wasting in the left leg has turned into more weakness, all the major fatigue, wall walking, falls,canes, rollators, yada yada all the things most people here experience and or hear about.

Any way, thought I'd introduce myself to the community and say HELLO TO ALL ( a quick shout out) and express thanks to all making this site possible for it is quite informative and offers alot of... (I can relate) material.

God Bless

Hi Rob and welcome!! Really glad you reached out to tell your condensed story and hope we can be of more help to you in the future.

We're all in this same boat tossed about through stormy seas, hoping for a future of more calmer winds. But taking what we get and sailing on~~

Take care of yourself!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome Rob. You are among friends. We understand and are here to help.

Comment

Hi Rob

Welcome!

I'm a "lucky recipient" of PPMS also.

Hopefully you will have many plateau periods, as well as some improvements along the way, as I have.

Wishing you the best.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hi Rob

Welcome!

I'm a "lucky recipient" of PPMS also.

Hopefully you will have many plateau periods, as well as some improvements along the way, as I have.

Wishing you the best.

Take Care
          Thanks for the welcome.
          KOKO, are you still walking?
          20 year's is a long bout with this monster!

Comment

Originally posted by ppmsichshize View Post
            Thanks for the welcome.
            KOKO, are you still walking?
            20 year's is a long bout with this monster!
            Rob ~

Yes, I can walk with the bilateral support of a rollator.

It's surely not a graceful sight to behold, but I thank my lucky stars that I am still able to walk.

I've been working hard to maintain, through repetition. I walk for 30 min, inside my apartment (flat floor surface), 5X a week. I have to be really cool temperature-wise (borderline chilly), as I can get very weak from heat sensitivity.

The rollator has been my best friend over the years.

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X