Question regarding online application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding online application

Hi I have filled out my online application for SSDI. Was wondering if if I should put anything in the comments section or leave it blank.

Thanks

Allison

I didn't apply online so I'm not sure what the comment section is all about, but if it's applicable to further explaining your disabilities, I'd add it. Anything more added to help win your case, should be a plus.

Good luck
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you for your help Seasha. Getting one step closer to sending this application out.

Allison

Comment

My neuro’s case manager told me to remember these forms are read by real people. A short paragraph explaining why you can no longer work helps. She also said to explain how long it had been since I first had symptoms and that I continued to work as long as possible.

I don’t know if it made any difference but my SSDI and group LTD were both approved on the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
          My neuro’s case manager told me to remember these forms are read by real people. A short paragraph explaining why you can no longer work helps. She also said to explain how long it had been since I first had symptoms and that I continued to work as long as possible.

I don’t know if it made any difference but my SSDI and group LTD were both approved on the first try.
          Thank you for that info. I'm glad I asked on here first. I'll put all the info in.

Allison

Comment

I'm late to this, but please be aware that the online applications go through even when you don't finish them. They will then send you a letter saying that you've been denied.

I didn't finalize my online app because I decided to go to the local SS office and apply in person. After making that appointment, they sent me an application in the mail, which I filled out and took along.

Once I got there, I discovered that they already had the application I'd filled out online, so the clerk went through both of them with me to clarify and verify everything before inputting it in her computer.

My information was the same, but it was a bit disconcerting to discover that SS had access to my unfinished application from the moment I started it.

Comment

Working...
            X