X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 02/22/18

Eight people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Five made goals, probably six. (Lisa, I'm not sure what your goals are -- maybe exercising (shoveling, cleaning, yoga, stretching, etc?) a certain number of days per week? ) Thanks for reporting your exercise.) Good job to all of those who succeeded this week.
    One made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    None of us did nothing again. I continue to believe that is worth noting. That even when we don't necessarily succeed at our entire goal, that we are trying and continuing to move our bodies.

OTHER:
    AbidingJones -- We hope to see you back next week.
    Diamond set a goal for next week.

Exercise Tip -- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals.
    S - Specific. What will your exercise be?
    M - Measurable. How long, or how often?
    A - Achievable. Set a goal that it is possible for you to accomplish. Don't make it so difficult that it feels unattainable and discourages you from trying.
    R - Relevant.
    T - Time-Bound.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals

These were my goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.

Steps:
    Th- 2848 steps; Silver Sneakers
    F - 1380 steps
    S - 3523 steps; had lots of activities out of the house
    S - 2568 steps
    Mon - 2444 steps, Wellness Center
    Tue - 1001 steps
    W - 959 steps, PT exercises at home
    Total: 14,723 steps; average 2103 per day

I'm a little surprised that I made my goal this week. Tuesday and Wednesday were cold, icy days and I didn't leave the house at all, so my steps were very low. It's good that I had some busier days earlier in the week that made up for it.

I'll continue the same goals for next week.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Did not make my goal

I only did marching in place for 20 minutes once. I am way off course. I will try my best to do my prescribed exercises in total this week. I am sorry to say I am showing greater weakness in total and am significantly weaker than I was when I last had physical therapy about two years ago. I still do the same exercises but cannot lift my legs as high or exercise without stopping the way I used to. I will continue to try the best I can.

Comment

I made my goal. Only babysat one day, but it was for most of the day so maybe I can count it as 2 days?

Have continued to clean cupboads, closets and drawers as my dd is having a yard sale in the spring. What a good feeling to get rid of unneeded stuff after years in this house! It's a lot of work tho.

Didn't make it to yoga class, but have been doing a little at home/stretching most of the week. Vacuumed 4 rooms too.

I will continue to work on at least 4 days of some kind of exercise for next week. Hope you all have continued energy to make your goals this week
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Karen - sorry to hear about your progressing weakness. I'm kind of in that boat too. Maybe it's time to reevaluate your goal and set a different one. You know -- keep it attainable.

Seasha - sure you can count it as two days. We all get to decide what we're trying to accomplish and what seems equivalent. Babysitting for a whole day seems like plenty of work to me.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

New Goal!

My new goal is to go 2500 per/day. I did not make my goal this week and not beating myself about it.

Thurs 2195
            Fri 3208
            Sat 2584
            Sun 2539
            Mon 1306
            Tues 2148
            Weds 1885

Total=15,865 Average 2,267

Congrats to all who made their goal. And good for us who keep trying

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I made my goal. I rode my bike for 3 days 30 mins ea day. It gives my arms and legs and heart a good work out. I did my usual house cleaning, bathrooms some sweeping and mopping.

I will keep same goal, bike riding and just moving.

We can only strive to do our best.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet (with rollator) standing, walking, and doing activities (ADL's and household chores) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day, and stretches. The walking included 5 (slow) walks at 30 min each.

I walk for 5 consecutive days, then take 2 consecutive days off. So far so good, as I seem to be stable, for now.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goal

Goal - >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days with an average of 3500 steps/day.

Thu 3441
                  Fri 7283
                  Sat 4601
                  Sun 2559
                  Mon 4154
                  Tue 5109
                  Wen 5924

Over 4K steps/day on 5 days with an average of 4724 steps / day.

Friday I had to chase down and catch a bird that the cat had brought into the house (she thinks that I am a 'bad hunter' and is trying to teach me how to kill food ). That was also the day that I did laundry.
                  I felt really bad on Sunday (ear infection and a stomach bug) so I went to doctor on Monday.
                  Tuesday I shopped and on Wednesday I started washing comforters and hanging them on clothes line to dry. Busy week.

KoKo - You are our most dedicated member . Every week you push through and manage to make your goal. I am impressed and motivated every time I read your posts so thank you.

REG53 - Great job . We have a bike that I almost never ride, and lord knows that there is plenty of housework to be done, but I have gotten 'lazy' about doing it . Your posts always makes me want to do some type of housework (other than dishes). Keep up the good job.

Diamond57 - Even though you did not reach your goal this week your average was real close . And as you say "good for us who keep trying".

Seasha - YES babysitting counts! Even a 1/2 day counts a a whole day so of course 1 whole day counts as, at the very least, 2 days! I remember getting ready for yard sales. So much effort and I wondered how in the world I had collected so much stuff! Great job this week .

ShrinkKaren - Sorry to hear about your loss of strength . You have faithfully (mostly) continued doing PT exercises at home long after physical therapy sessions. Maybe it is time to go back for another evaluation and possibly different exercises? Wishing for a better week for you .

Mamabug - Great job . We have had 'spring' weather here for almost 2 weeks, and I can't imagine nasty cold, icy days being productive for anything, but you turned one of the nasty days into an exercise day. Keep up the good job.

Sending all stamina and determination to keep moving

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                    KoKo - You are our most dedicated member . Every week you push through and manage to make your goal. I am impressed and motivated every time I read your posts so thank you.
                    Thanks msgijo.

As you probably can sense, I absolutely dread/fear the time (if it should come) when I am unable to stand and walk at all.

I experienced that for several days when I was sick with a bad virus a few years ago.

And these days, I experience not being able to stand up or walk (can't move my arms or legs)
                    if I get too warm or too cold, or sick with fever, etc. I am now a temperature control freak and a germaphobe.

So.........I continue to get up and walk, as slow and awkward as that may be.
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi! My goals are to start stretching and keep up with household tasks. I have fallen behind in household tasks and did not start stretching.

I am so very very upset, my primary care doctor has decided to leave the practice to start her own practice in a rural area. Also my acupuncturist is outside my health care network, so need to find one who is. Very depressed about this. I just did a lot of legwork to get a pain management dr and a new neurologist and really wanted a break from any healthcare upheavals.

I feel very unfocused to meet my goals.
                      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaL77 View Post
                        Hi! My goals are to start stretching and keep up with household tasks. I have fallen behind in household tasks and did not start stretching.

I am so very very upset, my primary care doctor has decided to leave the practice to start her own practice in a rural area. Also my acupuncturist is outside my health care network, so need to find one who is. Very depressed about this. I just did a lot of legwork to get a pain management dr and a new neurologist and really wanted a break from any healthcare upheavals.

I feel very unfocused to meet my goals.
                        Hang in there. Do what you can, this week. Maybe you'll feel more focused next week. Sorry about your "healthcare upheavals". It's always hard for me to adjust to someone new, and takes energy to find new providers.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Goal is >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days with an average of 3500 steps/day.

Made my goal .

Thu - 6099 Finished up shopping for food bank
                          Fri - 5657 Finished washing / hanging out comforters
                          Sat - 6883 Food bank bagging items
                          Sun - 4694
                          Mon - 4994 Doctor appointment
                          Tue - 5855 Husband to doctor
                          Wen - 5731

Walked over 4000 steps on all 7 days with an average of 5694 steps/day .
                          It has been a very productive week. This coming week will be harder to get steps in (I only see 1 high step day) but there ARE things that need to be done in the yard, so maybe I can get the minimum amount of steps and add in other activities to stay active. I will keep same goal next week.

The weather here is great. Flowers and fruit trees are starting to bloom and I have gotten my shorts out already. And of course the house needs a good 'spring cleaning' - not my fav activity. So as long as I can get / stay motivated there are plenty of things to stay active doing.

Sending everybody the stamina and motivation to keep moving .

Comment

Working...
                          X