Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/22/18

Hi Everyone. I hope you have all had a chance to witness some of the Olympic events. My favorites are ice skating. No matter what the sport the athletes have perfect toned, lithe, and slender bodies. Those were the days. I saw one past skater who competed about 20 years ago. He is now a coach and is quite overweight. I was shocked. It just goes to show it can happen to the best of us. Maybe we won’t ever look like olympians but we can strive to be the best we can be.

My spirit is in travail. I gained a pound and a half so now weigh 115.5. I was just prescribed a new med having nothing to do with MS and the Dr. told me it would cause me to gain weight! I looked it up and the literature did not sound so dire. I can only hope so.

Agate, so glad you checked in this week. It looks like you are back to your old pattern of staying the same. Let’s hope you get back to where you were for so long. You can do it.

Mamabug, good going. I truly envy you. I knew you would bounce back from your small gain. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, so glad to hear from you this week. I am sorry to hear of your gain but I am sure you will reverse the process. That is wonderful that you are going on the retreat. It may be just what the doctor ordered. So sorry about the loss of your aunt. I’m glad to hear your father-in-law is recovering. My goodness, splitting wood! I hope your fingers are returning to normal. So sorry t o hear about your husband’s lupus test and pray it will not become active. Count your blessings.

Msgijo, it sounds like the flu has been positive for your weight loss efforts but that is a heck of a way to do it. I hope you are back to normal and feeling well. Blessings.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, it sounds like you lost three pounds which is excellent. You seem to be doing all the right things to insure that you will succeed in your weight loss efforts. It sounds like your boyfriend is supportive of your success in shedding unwanted pounds. Keep up the good work. P.S. When you report results for the week it would be helpful to me to state how much you gained or lost for the week.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Allen Mikhail suggests being mindful of how much you sample while chopping and prepping your meals for the week. Sampling here and there can easily become an entire meal’s worth of calories.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

6.5 pounds by 4 members. That is terrific. We should celebrate the good news albeit not with food. May we continue doing so well.

Total Gain:

3.5 pounds by one member. Congratulations for telling the truth. It takes courage to admit the disappointing news. May you be in the loss column next week. I know you can do it.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4065.01 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.6 lbs

Recent weights:
    02/15/18: 136.2 lbs
    02/22/18: 135.6 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 1.7 pounds .

2/15 121.5
      2/23 123.2

Not overeating, but eating the wrong things. We had chinese take-out this week, and they always load the plates down! So I had 3 meals out of that one plate - 3 days of soy sauce . I kinda knew as I was eating it to expect a gain .

Mamabug - Great loss .

ShrinkKaren - Sorry to hear that you gained. It just isn't fair that the people who are concerned about their weight end up having to take medicines that cause weight gains .

Comment

2/15 146
        today: 146.4

I have my stupid period and ate 2 salty meals this week. I am finding I am super sensitive to salt. I have been so busy at work, I have not been drinking my 64 ounces of water each day and that is certainly impacting my weight loss. Just a bad week.
        Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
        X