Feb 12, 2018 been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb 12, 2018 been a while

I still don稚 wanna have MS but hiding hasn稚 done me a damn bit of good.
    I知 just as afraid, and even as far removed from regular old folks as ever. In fact, I知 way more screwed up as ever. Take these pearls from me: ISOLATING IS FAR MORE YOUR ENEMY THAN ANYTHING AND I AM INDEED QUALIFIED TO SAY SO.
    Now, I知 in FL with my husband and alone as can be. MSWORLD, I知 back! I landed back here out of total desperation. Eyyy, whatever gets us here, right?
    Deal is, I need friendship and the voice of reason. My own thoughts are not my friend. Soooo, please love a sister back to life 😀

Sorry to hear that you are feeling alone. Yes; we can be a friendly bunch. Please keep coming back.

I hope you have a good neurologist and are on an MS med. They help to reduce the severity and frequency of flares and delay progression of the disease.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Welcome back. Isolation is never a good place to be. Glad you are giving us another shot.

I did something similar. Was on the board when newly diagnosed, found some of it too scary and retreated,. Once I was in a more stable place and accepted the reality that I had MS, then came back. So you are not alone!

Hope you feel free to post more.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Welcome! A friendly and understanding group want to welcome you! (Hug)

Comment

Here's a to you, Jennette!

We get it as most of us feel isolated in one way or another. Is there a MS support group near you where you can get out and voice your concerns one to one? I did just that year's ago when I was in a very lonely time and place. I met people who hugged me into their group.

In the meantime, here's a virtual ((HUG)) from us. Don't be a stranger and come back often
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello JennetteD and welcome back. This forum has really helped me as far as feeling lonely in this ms journey. Always feel free to talk about your feelings because you are not alone.

Glad you are back.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Thank you to all of you who welcomed me back and were so nice. I知 typing on my cell phone because my internet is running terribly slow. I知 not sure I知 posting this correctly.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Sorry to hear that you are feeling alone. Yes; we can be a friendly bunch. Please keep coming back.

I hope you have a good neurologist and are on an MS med. They help to reduce the severity and frequency of flares and delay progression of the disease.

Comment

Working...
              X