Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Diagnosed!

Hello everyone!
    I have been lurking here for months now and thought I would finally say hi. I was just diagnosed with relapsing remitting ms this morning. its crazy because I was expecting the diagnosis but hearing the words out loud had me speechless.
    I originally started with this about 6 months ago with headaches. I had an MRI of the brain and it showed I have 6 lesions. I had a lumbar puncture which showed high levels of inflammation. I received iv steroids which calmed things down a lot.
    i had repeat scans which showed that I now have over 30 lesions in my brain and too many to count in my cervical region(I progressed pretty quickly)
    My neurologist and I went over medications and I’ve decided on Copaxone. I am of child bearing years so this seemed like the best fit for me.
    I just wanted to say hi to you all!
    ps I’m 31 and living in Chicago(I probably should have added that in the beginning of this post ha)

Originally posted by Chitowngirlie View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have been lurking here for months now and thought I would finally say hi. I was just diagnosed with relapsing remitting ms this morning. its crazy because I was expecting the diagnosis but hearing the words out loud had me speechless.
    I originally started with this about 6 months ago with headaches. I had an MRI of the brain and it showed I have 6 lesions. I had a lumbar puncture which showed high levels of inflammation. I received iv steroids which calmed things down a lot.
    i had repeat scans which showed that I now have over 30 lesions in my brain and too many to count in my cervical region(I progressed pretty quickly)
    My neurologist and I went over medications and I’ve decided on Copaxone. I am of child bearing years so this seemed like the best fit for me.
    I just wanted to say hi to you all!
    ps I’m 31 and living in Chicago(I probably should have added that in the beginning of this post ha)
    Hi Chitowngirlie and welcome to MSWorld.

Glad you found us here! Feel free to share your experiences, and most likely there will be other members who can relate to what you're going through.

Hopefully you will find support, understanding, and information to help you along the way.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hah

I’m 31 and just diagnosed too horrendous isn’t it

Comment

Hello Chitowngirlie and welcome to MSW. Yes it is hard hearing those words, you have ms. Like you I had been expecting it for years but when he told I cried so hard. MSW has helped me not to feel so alone in this journey.

I wish you all the best.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
        X