MS fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS fatigue

My doc just prescribed Amantadine fir me.
    Not for sleepy fatigue, but body fatigue. Such as being able to walk more than two blocks without getting tired.
    Or being able to last longer than ten minutes on a recumbent bike.

I'll pick it up today and try it. But I just read this. These supplements might be worth a try too.

Originally posted by ckle View Post
    The combination of two inexpensive supplements, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl L Carnitine was shown in clinical trial more effective at reducing MS-related fatigue than Amantadine.

Take 300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid with each meal, 500mg Acetyl L Carnitine, as well as 600mg Malic Acid, and you can drop the drugs. Malic Acid was effective in clinical trials for Chronic Fatigue.

Malic Acid is good for skin health. Alpha Lipoic Acid fights cancer cell proliferation. Acetyl L Carnitine improves neuron transmission.

I take them all every day and am never tired or fatigued.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Fatigue is that funny thing to explain to people since when I say it, it gets understood as sleepy.

Will be interesting to hear how this helps.

Comment

thanks and...

Hi Mamabug,

Thank you for the supplement info. I have been avoiding drugs in general but have some faith in a supplement or more natural approach.

I wanted to add something which I found to be true for me and wonder if others have noticed.

3x a week I go to the gym or to a pool occasionally (use what still works!), about 2 hours a session with 30 minutes of cardio. I sleep well these nights, 8 hours at least.

On days without any real exercise, a store or library visit maybe, I sleep 10 hours or more!

Any thoughts? Anyone else notice this seemingly "inverse" fatigue?

Jer

Comment

Hi,I will have to check my list of meds that I’ve taken for energy before.hope this works for you,I can only go on my recumbent bike about 10 min.I use to go about 30 min.

Comment

Working...
        X