Abnormal Jerks/Mycolonus - Seeking Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abnormal Jerks/Mycolonus - Seeking Advice Please

Hi, friends! Since October I've been experiencing abnormal jerks while lying down. I'm not even sleepy or tired, but my legs and feet start to flex like a hiccup as does the rest of my body. And while falling asleep, I feel as though I'm falling and I wake up screaming. I did a recent sleep study and they assured me I do not have apnea. I'm for sure certain it is myoclonus or jerks, because I'm somewhat aware the cause of what wakes me up in this panicked state. I can't get any sleep! I finally get to see my neurologist (who is 2 hours away) on Feb. 13th. He told the nurse to inform me I'm having a relapse when we last spoke on the phone in January. I can't get treatment in my city for the relapse. (Long story that I won't go into.) But until I see my neuro, do any of you have any tips to get through the night? Anything that might help? I'm trying magnesium supplements and I'm on Gabapentin too. Thank you for your responses in advance.

Try magnesium oil which you can buy on amazon. You absorb WAY more magnesium through your skin than by ingesting it.

Comment

Are taking any type of Muscle relaxers?
      I ended up taking a seizure medicine when I had this problem, thankfully it did not last long as has resolved.
      I hope that yours will resolved quickly and completely as well.

Comment

Are you taking any meds?

The drug could be your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane30 View Post
          Hi, friends! Since October I've been experiencing abnormal jerks while lying down. I'm not even sleepy or tired, but my legs and feet start to flex like a hiccup as does the rest of my body. And while falling asleep, I feel as though I'm falling and I wake up screaming. I did a recent sleep study and they assured me I do not have apnea. I'm for sure certain it is myoclonus or jerks, because I'm somewhat aware the cause of what wakes me up in this panicked state. I can't get any sleep! I finally get to see my neurologist (who is 2 hours away) on Feb. 13th. He told the nurse to inform me I'm having a relapse when we last spoke on the phone in January. I can't get treatment in my city for the relapse. (Long story that I won't go into.) But until I see my neuro, do any of you have any tips to get through the night? Anything that might help? I'm trying magnesium supplements and I'm on Gabapentin too. Thank you for your responses in advance.
          I would suggest ice packs for your back and neck I even have a real thick block of ice for the side of my neck I believe between some meds and ice it'll help for a while

Comment

Working...
          X