Female veteran awaiting tests...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female veteran awaiting tests...

I'm not sure what to write here. I feel as though I have been losing my mind. My symptoms started with tinnitus and whooshing in my ears. That began in 2013 or 2014,right as I was entering nursing school.

My next symptom was losing control over my eye muscles especially when I look down. I don't feel like I see double vision, but when I looking down to walk, it's almost like someone tilts me over very briefly. Another example the same thing happened when I was doing a blood pressure and looking down. Usually it is brief and I just shake it off and move on.

Then I started getting fasiculation of the right eye. One episode lasted 2 months. Then it moved to my left eye for a month. I was then fine for a while.

After being symptom free for a while I started experiencing pins and needles in my right eye. This only lasted for 3 seconds. This would be accompanied by a funny throat pain and feeling nausea.

Then I started getting shooting short bursts of pain in my right temple. Recently these were waking me from sleep. Keep in mind a lot of these symptoms are on my right side, which makes no sense to me.

The headaches or short bursts became more frequent for a while and it seemed like every month some weird new symptom was adding itself. Last month was one of the worst months for me. I began having a really bad muscle spasm in my right hand along with the Right sides headaches.

I Keep wanting to hope that it can't be ms. I Had them test my blood for vitamin deficiencies, thyroid issues and everything else. Recenlty there vs just did an MRI of my brain. I am awaited results.

I guess I am wondering if this is what it feels like? I also notice that maybe it fluctuates with my hormones? And the attacks are happening monthly now and more frequent. So right as my period comes they die down and are okay for a while, until the first of the month.

But the last bout I was waking up like clockwork at 3 am with shooting pains in my right side of head and my arm was spasming....

Hi Currycur and welcome to MSWorld

Originally posted by Currycur View Post
    I Keep wanting to hope that it can't be ms. I Had them test my blood for vitamin deficiencies, thyroid issues and everything else. Recenlty there vs just did an MRI of my brain. I am awaited results.
    If you don't mind my asking, how did you do on your clinical neurological exam (coordination and strength, nerve sensations, reflexes, etc.)?

Originally posted by Currycur View Post
    I guess I am wondering if this is what it feels like? I also notice that maybe it fluctuates with my hormones? And the attacks are happening monthly now and more frequent. So right as my period comes they die down and are okay for a while, until the first of the month.
    MS symptoms vary from person to person. My initial symptoms involved gait disturbances, bladder issues, limb weakness, heat sensitivity, and muscle fatigue. I had no pain whatsoever.

So as you can see, clinical symptoms alone are not enough to discern MS from other conditions.

Good luck - let us know what you find out, and what your neuro says about your MRI results.

If your diagnosis is MS, this is a good community of people with MS who can help you with support, shared experiences, and information. Glad you found us here.

Wishing you all the best.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi, when are your results expected? Mine were rather quick. Fingers crossed you get a diagnosis of something after all of this.
      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

While you're waiting for your results it may be worth taking magnesium for a few days to see whether this helps. Muscle problems can often be caused by a deficiency in this.

Best wishes

Poppy

Comment

Working...
        X