New to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this

Hello, I was 58 when dianosed and Im 60 now so two years or so...I just signed on with a new neuro and have been prescibed copaxone, has anyone been using this mendication? What do you thinks and why do my legs hurt

Hi TPeters and welcome to MSWorld! I move your post to create a new thread here instead of having it attached it to different thread. It will get more attention here.

Did they or you suspect you had MS years earlier? I got diagnosed at 50, but had symptoms for 10 years before that. I was on Copaxone for a few years and had no problems with it.

I hope your course is an easier course and you do well on your journey. Feel free to ask lots of questions. We are all here to help!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello TPeter, and welcome to ms world. I have never taken copaxone but my legs ache a lot and I have burning pain which for me is an ms sx.

I hope copaxone works well for you and you get some relief from leg pain.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi TPeters, I'm not sure why your legs hurt but I've been taking Copaxone for 11 years. Have not had one flare which involved IV Steroids in that time vs. 5 bad ones before Copax. I hope it is good for you and works well. Please keep us informed.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Welcome! I use Copaxone and I love it. Had bad reactions to both Tecfidera and Aubagio, so gladly went back to injections, lol! Your legs ache? Mine do, too. I have stiffness (spasticity) and I combat it with medical marijuana and magnesium tablets.
          Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I have never been on Copaxone,but many here have. There is a separate medication form that has sub-forums for each medication. You may find lots of info there.

Welcome to MSWorld.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X