Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

itching

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Couponlady -- this quote was helpful to me.
    If I ever experience "crazy itching again, I'll know what to call it.
    I have been using coconut oil ( helps put collagen back in skin) on my skin, everywhere, helped a little.It has improved my paper looking skin from aging. then i thought if i could numb it. I would be a happy camper. So I bought some aspercream. (it has lidocaine in it.) Worked very very well.
    The little bit of itching I have now is tolerable.
    I am not a doctor, just saying my science project works.

Comment

itching

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
      I am one big crazy itch. Always blaming it on allergies and trying to control my environment. That helps, too, but I discovered gabapentin stops it. That was a real revelation. That tells me that MS is contributing to it.
      Try some coconut oil mixed with Apercream. It stops the itching for me. Ir seems to numb the nerve endings. I dont have any allergies, and NOT on any treatments. i take gabapentin, amitriptyline, and
      tramadol . so its not the meds. I have been taking these for years.

Comment

Crazy Itch

Originally posted by couponlady View Post
        That being said, i have bouts of total body 'itching', which ferl like little pin pricks but itchy if that makes sense.
        This is exactly what I told my husband it feels like! Little pin pricks that itch like crazy. It is on the tops of my arms and shoulders. It seems to be worse when I've been in the sun. My doc gave me a creme that is suppose to deaden the nerves a bit, but it doesn't really help much. I couldn't sleep last night because of it so I put cold wet towels on it, and that helped tremendously. Enough that I could finally get to sleep. I will do that again the next time this itch rears its ugly head.

Comment

Crazy itching

OMG, I have been itching for a couple years! I have scars from sores from the scratching on my shins, thighs, other leg areas, arms & chest. My ears itch....EVERYTHING itches. It drives me CRAZY!!!!! I look awful with the sore & scars. I try to spray generic Benadryl spray on the itches, but I'd need to bathe in it! It's worse in the summer. I'm currently on Aubagio, but I've had this issue while on Tysabri too.

What's VERY interesting is that when I was about 13, I had a scratching problem with my lower legs. At THAT time, I didn't know the reason & didn't tell anyone. I was considered a child/teen with emotional problems & figured it was from that as I looked back. (I'm almost 60 now & DX for 12 yrs.) I know NOW that I had the emotional problems from early childhood sexual abuse by a neighbor, that nobody knew about.

When you grow up being told you're a problem & sent to therapists for so many years, trying to figure out what was "wrong" with me, it's really hard to not blame everything on my anxiety, even though I have a CLEAR MS DX for over a decade now. Thanks for you guys sharing your experiences & reading mine

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
          ~ There's nothing so peaceful as watching my pets sleep ~

Comment

Working...
          X