• Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 01/18/18

Sorry I'm late.

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two did not. Sorry you're feeling bad, msgijoe.

OTHER:
    One is taking a break. I will set goals for next week later. And, maybe report on what I did, even though I didn't have a goal.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My goal was > 2800 steps/day for 3 or more days with an average of 2500 steps / day.
    I made my goal with plenty to spare!

Ended up making >4000 steps on 5 days and averaged 5129 steps / day .
    Since I am on a roll I will change my goal again - This week my goal will be >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days with an average of 3500 steps/day . (I am likely jinxing myself but we will see.)

Felt slightly better, but I think that the biggest change was in moving my fitness band from my left wrist to my right wrist . Seriously. I had noticed that I tend to carry things in my left hand so it doesn't swing freely, while I use my right hand (which 'works' better) to open doors or gates etc. and so it swings freely.

I did do some things - mopped half the house one day and went shopping one day, but the rest was 'normal' chores like getting animal feed and putting it into bins and doing laundry. Weather is still nasty here - cold and we even had snow in SC. I do realize that what is cold for me is warm to most of you and that snow is normal, but it is anything but normal here.

Wishing everyone a warm and productive week.

Comment

Steps:
      Th- 1563 steps,

F - 1847 steps,
      S - 2534 steps
      S - 2833 steps,
      Mon - 1106 steps,
      Tue - 1244 steps,
      W - 1282 steps,
      Total: 12,408 steps; average 1773 per day

Plus, one day, we went to the pool at the Y and I didn't wear my Garmin tracker in the pool, so that day was more.
      I did PT once or twice, just a little, but not as much, even on those days, as I should have.

I haven't set goals for quite awhile, maybe since around Thanksgiving.

Here are the most recent goals I can find:
      1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day.
      2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

Maybe I'll try for that again for next week. Or maybe start going to Silver Sneakers classes again. I haven't been there for over a month either.

Thanks to all of you for continuing to post. To those of you who are succeeding at goals, that is motivating to me. And, to those of you who are reporting, regularly, even when you don't make goals, whether you know that or not, that also continues to motivate me.

I apologize for falling behind the past two months. I was hoping I could come up with goals that would motivate me more, but I don't have any new ideas that appeal to me. Life just seems challenging. It feels like my physical abilities and stamina have been declining for the past couple of years or so. I'd been hopeful that PT would help, but I think that my MS is past the point of being able to regain lost abilities.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal: up on feet with rollator (walking/standing/activities), for 30min 4X a day, every day (including 2 walks during the week at 30min each), and daily stretches.

msgijo - so glad that you're feeling better and are able to take a lot of steps and do chores! Our weather is warming up for the next week, so maybe yours will too.

Mamabug - good luck with your goals of 2000 steps and PT exercises. Even though some of us are unable to regain lost abilities, moving our bodies (to the best of our ability) is so important for the health/maintenance of our other bodily systems - digestive, circulatory, skin, etc.

Wishing good energy for all!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I was on my way towards reaching my goal, but I fell hard outside on a rare warmer day while cleaning up a flower bed. Bruised and sore and that stopped any activity for a few days

Hope to heal and get back in the saddle for next week.

Mamabug, I know it gets harder as some of us have disease progression, but KoKo is right. Move that body to the best of our ability however we can! You have motivated me when you started this new check-in thread. I lost sight when we had it going before, so thank you for starting it up again!

msjigo and KoKo - great work. You inspire me too!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I was on my way towards reaching my goal, but I fell hard outside on a rare warmer day while cleaning up a flower bed. Bruised and sore and that stopped any activity for a few days

Hope to heal and get back in the saddle for next week.
            Ouch! - Seasha - wishing you a quick recovery!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made my goal of just keep moving. I decided to start clean my windows on the inside. I have several window in LR and DR. I really worked my arms and legs. I am also still unpacking a little and I have done a lot of walking this wk.

I found my leg weights and I have some arm weights somewhere. My goal next wk. will be leg lifts and lifting arm weights at least 3 days but I will try for 4. If it warms up next wk. I may start cleaning the outside of the windows, these windows fold down so I can clean them from the inside.

I had my 6 month infusion of ocrevus yesterday and when I got home I felt like a truck had hit me and my rt leg and foot, both my arms and hands started burning so bad I thought about get some ice packs but instead took my bedtime meds and finally went to sleep. I feel much better today but I really got scared.

Mamabug, I am sorry you are not feeling very well. You have set a great goal for next wk.

msgijo, Glad you are feeling a little better. Great job making your goal +some.

KoKo, Great job making your goal.

Seasha, I am so sorry you fell. I hope you feel better soon.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                Made my goal of just keep moving. I decided to start clean my windows on the inside. I have several window in LR and DR. I really worked my arms and legs. I am also still unpacking a little and I have done a lot of walking this wk.
                REG ~ you've accomplished excellent workouts, in my opinion!

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                I had my 6 month infusion of ocrevus yesterday and when I got home I felt like a truck had hit me and my rt leg and foot, both my arms and hands started burning so bad I thought about get some ice packs but instead took my bedtime meds and finally went to sleep. I feel much better today but I really got scared.
                Glad you're feeling better now, after the burning from the infusion.

Good luck this week with whatever workouts you decide to do, and are able to accomplish!

Comment

Thank you KoKo.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Exercised three out of four days

I exercised three out of four days but one day failed to do weight lifting. I'll try to do better next week. Congratulations to all who persevere. Karen

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. And, Seasha, I'm glad that re-starting the exercise thread has been motivating for you. It has helped me too. Even though I don't always do as much as I think I should, many weeks, it has motivated me to do more than I would have without this.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                      X