New and lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Hanna,
    when I was "into" doing my healing prayer and meditation I was outside in my hot tub... maybe for 15 minutes. Being under the stars, peaceful and relaxed. I let my mind still and did deep breathing. Meditation is listening and prayer the "talking". I still do deep breathing, if only for a few seconds (to quiet my mind) and talk to my higher power daily

I have always exercised, walking for miles when I could and now water aerobics & aqua zumba. I eat a fairly healthy diet.

And, big and.. I attempt to keep a happy attitude and positive outlook

Take care and my best wishes,
    Linda
    Linda

Comment

inspirations

One of my most recent inspiration person is Wendy Booker.

I will never be a hiker like she is. But, she says climb your own MS mountain. Or, something like that.

Take one day at a time.

I do not use Exstevia.

I have been following the diet The Whal Protocol that was written by a Neurologist that has MS. Read her book, even if you do not follow her diet. It is one of the diets that is being studied by the NMSS. I believe the other they are studying is the Swank Diet. This is also a good read.

Wendy Booker has a book, youtube videos.

One of the resources listed at the top of the message board or main pages is the MSWorld live talks.

https://www.msworld.org/msworldtalks...-10-cleveland/

Check it out.

You can do this.

Come join us in chat sometime, too. 8 PM Eastern there is for sure someone there. And, sporadically during the day.

Good luck with school.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Hello happyhanna, and welcome to MSW. Just wanted to let you know, We Get It.

Wishing you well
        God Bless Us All

Comment

HI, Hanna!

I found a lot of great information on this site theconsciouslife.com It advocates an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. MS is fulla inflammation, which as you know causes discomfort, flare ups and symptoms. Keep reading all you can, and try not to get scared. I began with a MS for dummies book. The more knowledge, the more power. I agree with journaling and also counseling helps me. Maybe you can find other teens with MS to communicate with. That would really help.
          Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

AMEN! 32 Years in with Prayer and Vitamin Regimen - Reluctantly deciding on a DMD

Hi Linda - great testament to the power of prayer and meditation, I was diagnosed 32 years ago and am finally going to get on the DMD bandwagon. I asked mu neuro about Ty and really am encourage about your experience. Like you, in the early days there was no other choice than powerful prayer and I thank God that my faith in Him was well-established b4 the dx ( I was dx in 1986 @ 26yo) and I mentally rejected ms and its power in my life.

If you do not mind sharing, did you gain weight on TY? The 56 day regimen you shared is very helpful and I will inquire with my neuro. Stay strong and God Bless you Linda

Originally posted by lindaincolorado View Post
            Hi Hanna,

I was dx (diagnosed) almost 30 years ago. For about 13 1/2 I did healing prayer and meditation..I didn't think about ms (I do not capitalize ms, as I refuse to give it respect ). There were no meds till 1993. I did really well !! I stopped doing what had worked for me, got cocky and decided they miss dx me My symptoms(sx) started up and I started Copaxone in 2003 for 2 1/2 years, sx were getting worse. I then went on the most effective med Tysabri and have been on it for over 11 years. It made my lesions ( MRI ) smaller or gone, I still have no new or active lesions. My sx abated (some, my biggest, R leg drags it didn't help), progression halted and I have had a great QOL (quality of life) and still do

I knew/know about the RARE side effect of pml . My neurologist watched/tested me. The American Academy of Neurologist did a trial and found that after being on Tysabri for 2 years those who were infused every 56 days, instead of 24 had no incidence of pml, not 1 case. I think it is still holding or my neuro would have told me. I think it's about 3 years I've been going 56 days.

I believe in being positive and living life. I do not stick my head in the ground but, I do not give ms my power..I may have ms but, it does not have me.

I am just sharing my story

Linda

Comment

Working...
            X