Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/18/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/18/18

Hi Everyone. I am truly concerned. Several of our regulars continue to be missing. I hope you all are alright. This could be a stellar year with people continuing to fight the good fight. I shudder to think what I would look like without our little group of dedicated members. I do hope more people check in this week.

I suspected it was too good to be true. I weigh 115 this week which is my goal weight but it is also a gain of 1.5 pounds. I still want to lose a couple more pounds. I will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, I am really concerned about you not appearing again this week. I do hope you are o.k.

Mamabug, I hope to see you soon. You are such an important member in our group.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you once again this week and hope you have not given up in your weight loss efforts. I know you are very busy but hope you can spare the time to rejoin us.

Msgijo, sorry about your small gain but it is understandable since you weren’t feeling well. I do hope you are better and are back on track. You definitely can do it.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

abidingjones, sorry to miss you this week and hope we will see you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Energize plain-tasting proteins such as eggs or chicken with metabolism-boosting chili pepper sauce.” This will counteract the monotony of these dishes .

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2 pounds by one member. That is a nice loss and signals a move in the right direction.

Total Gain:

.5 pound by one member. Good for you for reporting. It means you are taking the process seriously and will no doubt reverse the process.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4056.21 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I'm here. I actually did want to throw in the towel as my weight is just creeping higher and higher. 223.4 as of this morning. But, in the end, it's worth it to keep trying. So I'm back!

Because I'm tired and I know that the foods I'm eating are causing me to feel like this. It's time to get back to watching what I eat and in what quantities.

My biggest motivating factor is the upcoming photography season of horse shows. My first scheduled on is in April. My wonderful hubby bought me a new lens for Christmas--but the thing weighs 3 lbs. 3 lbs for JUST the lens. I need to start getting into shape or there is no way that I'll be able to carry that thing around for 8-12 hours a day!!

It's also been REALLY cold out here. So that has put a damper on a lot of things. But this morning despite the 21 degree weather, I went for a walk with my coworker. And I just got back from another walk with her. So I've managed to walk 2 miles today. I figure if I can just keep that up, it's a start to making a difference.

I also need to start drinking more water. I've gotten into a really bad habit of not getting enough water each day and at night my feet start cramping SO bad--despite taking magnesium for it. So I'm putting that on my list of small goals to accomplish.

I'll try to be back next week with an update. Thanks for keeping this going and not giving up on us!!

Comment

Gained 1.0 lbs in 3 weeks

I'm here too. Took a break from this while my visitors were here in January. Had a great time with daughter, son-in-law, and little M (20 months) and baby L (2 months).

Unfortunately, my weight indicates that I had "too much" of a good time. Too many cookies, too many buffets, etc.

Recent weights:
      01/19/18: 136.8 lbs
      12/28/17: 135.8 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.7 pounds .

1/11 119.5
        1/19 120.2

My goal weight is 117 +/- 2 pounds, so I am definitely out of bounds here. I had questioned changing my goal, but I will attempt to lose half a pound this week.

Maybe, in spite of feeling poorly and no treatment, my thyroids are getting back towards normal? Yeah I know that I had a couple of pieces of fruitcake, but still I did eat fairly well this past week.
        Good for me - my DH has started weighing with me every week. Of course he gained this week . But as long as he is trying to loose some weight it SHOULD make it easier for me.

It looks like we are all in good company here , but we need to change our location. It is time for us to start the new year with weight resolutions, and keep them! We can do this if we leave the comfort foods alone - I know it's hard to do when the weather is so yucky. But if we want to look our best during the warmer months we do need to start working on it now.

Good to see almost everyone back . It was getting lonely in here.

Comment

Working...
        X