How long does a muscles spasm last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does a muscles spasm last

Over a week ago now started having pain in the side of my neck under the ear down the shoulder. Finally went to doc on Monday says it's a massive muscle spasm. Got a steroid shot and an anti inflammatory shot. Still NO RELIEF. It's excruciating

Help!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Could be spasticity. Are you taking baclofen on a regular basis?

Comment

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
      Could be spasticity. Are you taking baclofen on a regular basis?
      Yes, also take zanaflex. Just never had a spasm last this long specially while on muscle relaxers.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Check out Stiff Person Syndrome and also ask for GAD65 antibody test, blood test.
        This is how my spasms were, unrelenting. It wasn’t my MS. I also have Stiff Person Syndrome. If you go to Braintalk message boards, you will see forum for Stiff Person Syndrome, th current forum, not the archived one.

For this I take 70mg Baclofen daily mg Tizanidine daily. These doses are not all at once. Spread across the day.

Only rarely now do I get a breakthrough unrelenting spasm. IVIG also helps. It’s a Treatment for MS and SPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Poolwatcher View Post
          Check out Stiff Person Syndrome and also ask for GAD65 antibody test, blood test.
          This is how my spasms were, unrelenting. It wasn’t my MS. I also have Stiff Person Syndrome. If you go to Braintalk message boards, you will see forum for Stiff Person Syndrome, th current forum, not the archived one.

For this I take 70mg Baclofen daily 22mg Tizanidine daily. These doses are not all at once. Spread across the day.

Only rarely now do I get a breakthrough unrelenting spasm. IVIG also helps. It’s a Treatment for MS and SPS.
          Edited to correct Tizanidine to 22mg daily

Comment

Here is th link to the Stiff Person Forum
            http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...erson-Syndrome

You may recognize yourself in it. Docs don’t think about Stiff Person Syndrome due to its rarity. I have both MS and Stiff Person Syndrome. My neuro luckily did the SPS blood test for me due to the severity of my spasms.

They can also give you a shot of Valium for instant relief if it gets so bad you end up in ER. The spasms so severe it can break bones or choke off your breathing if it’s in your throat.

Get the blood work right away. MS is no fun. Stiff Person Syndrome is horrible.

Comment

Addendum: check out this thread here
              https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...yndrome-and-MS

Comment

Working...
              X