How long does a muscles spasm last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does a muscles spasm last

Over a week ago now started having pain in the side of my neck under the ear down the shoulder. Finally went to doc on Monday says it's a massive muscle spasm. Got a steroid shot and an anti inflammatory shot. Still NO RELIEF. It's excruciating.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

So sorry to hear about your muscle spasms. I got an RX (flexoril) from my Dr. for spasms. It really helps me, but since it's a muscle relaxer, it has a sedative effect. There may be some other drug out that helps too that you might want to talk to your Dr about. You might try massage or acupuncture as an alternative. I've done that too which helped.

Hope you find something that will lessen the pain!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I have had good luck with baclofin for muscle spasms. I use OTC natural Arnica Montana pills by mouth and the Arnica rub on creams quit often. They have one type for leg cramps, one for nerves, and one thats just Arnica for pain relief. Cold weather can cause us to tense up too which adds to the tension. A moist heat pad on the neck and shoulder should help too as well as a massage. I have had good luck with chiropractor care also. I was given a RX for amytriptaline for nerve pain which works too, but it does make me sleepy. I almost wrecked once while taking it. So don't drive with it. I don't have to take it very often, thank goodness. It is an older drug to treat depression but they found it helps with nerve pain. I've done EFT (emotional freedom technique) tapping to help offset all sorts of pain too. Hope some or all of this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X