Whey protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whey protein

I used to have whey protein shakes after my weightlifting workouts then I got my dx and wanna get back to it as I'm a little deconditioned now but my weight is climbing although I want to start my weightlifting regimen again tho less weight I need to get stronger I used to be 234 lbs 6'5" is whey protein something I should leave alone now that I'm dx my neuro says it won't matter.

If you avoiding dairy proteins due to molecular mimicry, then you would also avoid whey.

Comment

Hmmm. I've never heard that I should avoid whey protein. I tend to avoid cow's milk, but that's just my own decision, not something I've been advised to do. And, I don't avoid other dairy, such as cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.

I use whey protein, too. Shakes, in the mornings sometimes, to start my day with protein.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I was scrolling through old threads. This thread is almost a year old. I just wanted to update what I'm doing.

I am now on a wheat free, dairy free diet and no longer use whey protein.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X