Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting a Diagnosis

Hello all,
    I’m RoyelleBlu. I’ve been having trouble with imbalance, weakness and other issues since I caught a really bad flu back in 2007. I’ve been to numerous doctors, had so much blood work it isn’t funny. Ran so many tests. Most docs I could tell didn’t believe me. But what started as just a loss of feelings in my legs and a flu type feelings every 3-4 months or so that lasted a day or two has now become an every day battle just to feel “normal”.

Now there’s days where I’m holding on to things just to keep from falling. A shopping cart sometimes keeps me from falling while grocery shopping. Most days I can keep up a good act and keep my face straight in front of family. Mostly because I don’t see them much. My last trip to my sister’s hair shop, she asked if I was ok because I was walking slow. Didn’t even notice. Sometimes it’s like I have to think about walking...just to walk.

I get dizzy and lightheaded all of the time. Primary doc gave me a prescription for meceline or something like that. Helps with dizziness, but it also makes me sleepy, which i can’t have because I have two every small children at home to keep up with. They are the reasons I decided to keep pursuing a diagnosis. When this first started all I had was me and my eldest son who now lives with his dad. Now I have a new husband and two new babies and I need the energy. My eldest comes to help sometimes, but that’s not his responsibility.

My husband’s first wife has diabetes and epilepsy and a host of other heath problems and he has cared for her for years. Another ex of his has Lupus. I promised he wouldn’t have to do that with me. That’s i’d Be strong and healthy enough to help him take care of this family. Now I’m being evaluated for MS. I feel like I’m breaking my promise to my husband every time I need his help cooking or with the kids or if I can’t work my part-time jobs because I’m too weak or feeling sick.

It’s frustrating me to a depression I never thought I would have. I’m used to being active. I’m ex military. Served 11 years in the Air Force and Air Force Reserces. I was a police recruit, i’ve Worked in the health care industry for years. I’ve done tons of things and I’m only 38 so it shouldn’t have to end now. I’m tired of doctors not believing me. I finally had an MRI done a few weeks ago, but my next appointment with the neurologist isn’t until January 29th. It’s a relatively short time being as though i’ve Been waiting for answers for like 10 years, but it’s killing me now because i’ve Asked for the results of my MRI and I keep looking up the findings online and everything keeps coming back with MS.

For instance, i’ve got something called a Pineal Gland Cyst. It’s 8mm. Usually under 5mm isn’t a concern but larger ones causes symptoms like mine. And apparently they’re prevalent in people with MS. Can anyone here help me shed light on that? There was also some kind of foci present..like one or two of those. I’d have to get the results for the exact wording, but it raises concerns.

Anyway, I’m hoping fo some good people to talk to here that can help me understand what I’m going through and even if it’s not MS, maybe we can figure out what it really is or share some ideas and opinions. I don’t talk to anyone in my life about this. Just my husband and my sister ...who my sister btw was diagnosed with MS in 2008 but is only really starting to have symptoms now. Thanks for your time everyone. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’ll read your stories too ☺️. Thanks again.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi RoyelleBlu and welcome

Sounds like you've been having various symptoms for quite awhile, and no explanation.

It's understandable to have some measure of depression due to what you're going through, and trying to take care of a family at the same time.

Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

Be sure to write down the questions you have for your neuro, and take them with you to the appointment. It's easy to forget to ask them in the Dr. office, and then easy to remember them in the car on the way home.

Good luck at your neuro appointment, and let us know what you find out.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you Koko, that's great advice. I'll keep you all posted on my next neuro appt. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyelleBlu View Post
        I’m used to being active. I’m ex military. Served 11 years in the Air Force and Air Force Reserces.
        RoyelleBlu

Forgot to add - thank you for your service!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm in a similar situation. Limbo really stinks. I have small children too and it takes a lot to try to keep up with everything. Some days are better than others for me. I'm just trying to accept that I have limitations and find out exactly what those limits are so I can manage my energy better.

I hope you get answers soon!

Comment

Working...
          X