Exercise Check-In for 01/11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 01/11/18

I didn't count. Some people reached goals, some didn't, some are taking breaks. I'm not online much this week or setting goals. Still enjoying guests.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make my goal

Once more I did not do any exercising to speak of. I am happy to stay I as of today am back in the groove. I'll try my best to do all my exercises. Best wishes to all. Karen

Comment

I had a good week and made my goal! Grocery shopping, yoga class and did some at home, babysat 3 times last week (one day was for 5.5 hours and I was beat!) and housecleaning.

I used to hire a friend to come clean, but wanted to save some $, so I'm doing most of it myself. It's a win-win situation - saving money and getting exercise

Hope everyone has a good week ahead.

Same goals for next week.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Karen - Recovering from holiday activities, the mental stress and physical demands, can take awhile. So glad that you're back in the groove.

Seasha - good for you - you certainly were very active!

Made my goal of being up on my feet (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, doing activities, and stretches - and also made my additional new goal of walking for 30 min, 2X a week (inside the apartment).

No extra bonus this week, but satisfied nonetheless that I did my best this week.

Wishing good energy to all!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made my goal of house work, sweeping and mopping and I did laundry and also still unpacking a little. Still don't have my bike.

My goal for next wk. will be just keep moving but not sure what that will be.

Mamabug- glad you are enjoying your guest.

ShrinkKaren- Glad you are feeling back in the groove.

Seasha & KoKo-- Y'all are doing great!

Hopeing all can do their best next wk.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

I did not make either goal this week . Just feeling really bad this week.

I will be looking for a new Endro next week in an effort to to start some type of treatment that will help me feel a little better. The one that I have been seeing has decided that no meds are needed but that I am to "continue on with current treatment" - which is NO TREATMENT!

I am going to reset my goal for next week to > 2800 steps/day for 3 or more days with an average of 2500 steps / day. That sounds so wimpy - like I am giving up - but I am feeling really bad.

It looks like everyone is doing a great job of moving this week (except me) so all deserve a big . Keep up the awesome job everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              I did not make either goal this week . Just feeling really bad this week.

I will be looking for a new Endro next week in an effort to to start some type of treatment that will help me feel a little better. The one that I have been seeing has decided that no meds are needed but that I am to "continue on with current treatment" - which is NO TREATMENT!

I am going to reset my goal for next week to > 2800 steps/day for 3 or more days with an average of 2500 steps / day. That sounds so wimpy - like I am giving up - but I am feeling really bad.

It looks like everyone is doing a great job of moving this week (except me) so all deserve a big . Keep up the awesome job everyone.
              msgijoe

Sorry to learn that you have been feeling so bad. It's wise that you are listening to your body, and not pushing too much.

Hopefully a different Endo will help you, and have a treatment plan for your thyroid issue.

Wishing you a better week!
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                I made my goal of house work, sweeping and mopping and I did laundry and also still unpacking a little. Still don't have my bike.

My goal for next wk. will be just keep moving but not sure what that will be.
                REG

It looks like you are keeping really active with moving chores.

Just thinking of that makes me tired!

Comment

msgijo- Sorry you are feeling bad. Surely a new endro can help you. Your goal next wk is anything but wimpy. Feel better soon.

KoKo-- Yes moving is Phyically and Mentally tiring but it has been worth it, Thank God.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                  X