Plegridy site reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plegridy site reaction

Hello! I just started on Plegridy and I've taken 4 injections so far. How long does the injection sight redness last? I take Zyrtec every day so there is no need to take an additional antihistamine. No sign of infection. The injection in my abdomen 2 weeks ago is still angry red (kind of petechial looking if there are any nurses out there). My first injection is finally starting to fade but that was weeks ago. I made sure the pen was warmed up. Should I be ice packing or warm packing? The Biogen nurse had suggested massaging the area after injection to kind of distribute the drug more in the tissue but that didn't make a difference either. I was on Avonex for 19 years and it never gave me site reactions.

I've noticed this too. I believe it happens because it is injected under the skin. I didn't have this reaction with Avonex but I did with Copaxone. I try to inject on my hips only. Once in a while, I have to rotate to my arms. Watch out for lipoatrophy with this medication. You may want to search and see what people do for sight reactions with Copaxone. I think you will have more posts to look through for suggestions.

Comment

Yes this happens to me too. I was on Copaxone for many years and I had several necrotic injection sites along with neuritis and lipo atrophy from it. As a result I can only inject Plegridy in my thighs. I notice the big red welts can sometimes last a month or more. They are not painful or warm so I know it isn’t an infection or cellulitis.

I have not not found anything that helps or prevents this. No matter what I do I still get the redness.
      Wendy

Comment

Working...
      X