• Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 01/04/18

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Two made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two did not.
    Reg -- So sorry about your falls and your injuries. Yes; feel free to keep checking in even when you don't expect to make goals.

OTHER:
    One is still taking a break, setting goals for the future, etc. One has set a goal for next week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Still taking a break. Will set goals mid-to-late January, after my guests arrive and leave.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I did not make a goal for last wk. I don't have my bike moved in yet, maybe this wk end so I will not make a goal for next wk.

Hope everyone is doing well and will have a good wk.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal of being up on feet (with rollator) standing/walking/activities for 30 min, 4X a day, every day, and stretches.

Was able to do 4 walks during the week, for 30min each. My goal was to do 2 walks, for 30min each, so I'm tickled pink about it.

I did the walking inside my apartment - through the living room, kitchen, and bedroom, round and round for 30min, anywhere from 6-10 times (depending on how slow I moved on any given day)!

REG - hope your ribs are feeling better!

Mamabug - hope you have a great time with your guests!

Good energy to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I finally made and reached my goal. Counting hours works for me. I helped babysat 3x/week (2 hrs each), did housecleaning one day, grocery shopping and errands on another. All a workout - especially with my 19 month old granddaughter. Actually I exceeded my goal!

Stay warm and safe for all of you stuck in bad weather!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I finally made and reached my goal. Counting hours works for me. I helped babysat 3x/week (2 hrs each), did housecleaning one day, grocery shopping and errands on another. All a workout - especially with my 19 month old granddaughter. Actually I exceeded my goal!
            Seasha, you did a lot of exercising!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Stay warm and safe for all of you stuck in bad weather!
            Wind chills are down to -20 degrees here. Feel bad for those who have to be out in this frigid weather. Most schools are closed, thank goodness, for all the kids.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I did not make my goal of 3000 steps on 4 days with an average of 2800 steps/day.
              I only reached 3k steps on 3 days. I did make the step average goal with an average of 2836 steps/day.

I had an app with my endro and he is to rx pills after results of yet another test (done on Wednesday), so MAYBE I will have some relief from this unbearable fatigue sometime next week.

REG - If you just moved then I am positive that you have met / exceeded any goal you would have done with the bike . Hope that the ribs are feeling better

KoKo - as always I am amazed with your perseverance. Awesome job this week .
              Although we are not battling the cold temps of you 'northerners' it is downright cold here for us 'southerners'! The wind chill is the biggest factor for me - if I am cold inside the house how cold the chickens must be . I do have an area that is mostly boarded for them and have a heat lamp there for them so that is the best that I can do. The outside dogs can come into the laundry room, and I have had to place their water bowl there to keep it from freezing (the outside bowl has ice a couple of inches thick in it). Keep warm!

Seasha - I like (and use) your goal of counting hours . So many of my activities really don't fit into a ridgid goal (like volunteer work or caring for animal, plants) so I can totally relate. Childcare is a job - maybe you should count the hours there and multiply them by 2 . GREAT JOB !

Everyone stay warm this week and lets continue to do our best.

Comment

My side rib area and lower back is still very soar and painful when I'm getting out of chair or turn in bed. Sometime it aches when I'm sitting still.

Thank you for asking.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  I only reached 3k steps on 3 days. I did make the step average goal with an average of 2836 steps/day.
                  Well, I think that all those steps are fantastic!

I had an app with my endro and he is to rx pills after results of yet another test (done on Wednesday), so MAYBE I will have some relief from this unbearable fatigue sometime next week.
                  Good luck - fingers crossed for you!

The wind chill is the biggest factor for me - if I am cold inside the house how cold the chickens must be . I do have an area that is mostly boarded for them and have a heat lamp there for them so that is the best that I can do. The outside dogs can come into the laundry room, and I have had to place their water bowl there to keep it from freezing (the outside bowl has ice a couple of inches thick in it).
                  Gosh, hope it warms up soon for you and your animals.

Comment

I did not make my goals. A lot still going on. Will try harder this week. Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X