LP Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LP Results

There was nothing found from my LP to indicate anything. Everything came back normal. So I'm still in limbo which is frustrating. He did say he would classify it as a clinically isolated syndrome and use a watch and wait approach. I'll go back in 3 months for follow up and repeat MRI in 6 months.

How many of you had normal LP but still go diagnosed?

On a positive note, I have been feeling better. Maybe I'm on the mend from whatever it is that is causing me problems and I can have more good days than bad.

Originally posted by mathgirl24 View Post
    There was nothing found from my LP to indicate anything. Everything came back normal. So I'm still in limbo which is frustrating. He did say he would classify it as a clinically isolated syndrome and use a watch and wait approach. I'll go back in 3 months for follow up and repeat MRI in 6 months.

How many of you had normal LP but still go diagnosed?
    mathgirl24

I did have abnormalities in my CSF.

According to the National MS Society, 5-10% of patients with MS do not show CSF abnormalities (so... 90-95% do show abnormalities).

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...al-Fluid-(CSF)

Originally posted by mathgirl24 View Post
    On a positive note, I have been feeling better. Maybe I'm on the mend from whatever it is that is causing me problems and I can have more good days than bad.
    Glad that you are feeling better.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I was just diagnosed with CIS last month and will be starting on Copaxone next week. My LP was normal.

Comment

Working...
      X