Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone 20 vs Copaxone 40

Hi all.
    I recently switched to Silverscripts for prescription drug coverage. Now I need to get pre-approval before my next refill of copaxone. I am currently on 20 mg Copaxone and am wondering if I should switch to 40 mg. In the past I had resisted switching because the 20 mg seemed to be working fine. Now I think that maybe I should try the 40 mg since I have to go through the whole pre-authorization process anyway.
    So I'm asking for input from other people who have used both. What are the pros and cons of switching? Does the 40 mg cause worse side effects? Do the injections hurt more?
    Thank you in advance for your help!
    Ei

Less injections

Hi --I'm surprised no one has responded to your post yet. I will

I have been on both 20 mg and 40 mg and the only difference I have found is less injections!! The 40 mg you only inject 3 times a week. I never noticed a difference between the side effects. The pros are you only have to inject 3 times a week! The cons are nothing that I know of. If you can switch, I would if I were you.

Comment

Thanks Kitty. I was afraid that the 40 mg dose would cause worse injection site lumps. I'll give it a try!

Comment

same volume of liquid.

I have no worse injection sites with the 40 mg compared to the 20 mg...the Copaxone website even states the syringe has the same volume of liquid... Plus, remember less injections=less injection site "lumps" That's the only side effect I get from Copaxone is the big red "mosquito" bite I do occasionally get the hard lumps, but again no worse than I did with the 20 mg.

See info on the volume of liquid:

https://www.copaxone.com/about-copax...ge-information

Comment

Working...
        X