BRRR! It's cold outside! Member Topic for January 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRRR! It's cold outside! Member Topic for January 2018

Your Member Topic for the month of January is here!
    You made suggestions and we listened!
    Thanks to all who participated in December's Member Topic of the Month!

Most of North America is blasted by freezing temperatures, ice and snow right now. In times like these, many of us can't take our rollators or wheelchairs outside. What activities do you do to entertain yourself inside or how do you get around outside?

Please join us and share how you are doing and how you occupy your time. Your stories and comments are always welcomed. And please stay safe and warm!

Thank you all for your participation and stay tuned for more topics from your suggestions in the months to come! We appreciate all your thoughtful ideas and hope to hear more from you! You can add more suggestions here: https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...TH-suggestions!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Cold is very hard on me. I have considerable spasticity which worsens when the temperature gets below 50 degrees. I use a walker or collator to get around so snow and ice are a "no go." I'm trying to get my neurologist to write a prescription for Hawaii. I'm sure insurance will cover it.

One thing I've been enjoying is audio books. I subscribed to audible and it has a great collection of books. Listening to audio books is a great time killer. I'm almost through Dickens' David Copperfield. What characters he creates! Uriah Heap is just one of the great ones.

I listen on my Amazon Echo device. This is also a great companion. A world of music, news, entertainment, and information.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas
    verbum caro factum est.

Comment

Where we live, it hasn't snowed, but temps have been freezing or below. Still getting around outside, even tho the cold make my spasticity worse.

I hope all of you in the path of this winter storm are all safe and keeping warm. I bet you are so tired of it all. I lived in Alaska for 16 years and much of the coverage I've seen reminds me of what we experienced there. Winter blizzards, cold freezing temps and lots of snow for at least 7 months or more. Luckily, you won't have to wait that long before it becomes just a memory~~

Stay safe, my friends.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Brad1138

Join DateNov 2016LocationUnited StatesPosts37

Cold is very hard on me. I have considerable spasticity which worsens when the temperature gets below 50 degrees. I use a walker or collator to get around so snow and ice are a "no go." I'm trying to get my neurologist to write a prescription for Hawaii. I'm sure insurance will cover it.
        Ditto

Where I live I can only say that I wish it dad not if they had not snowed yet. The weekend of Christmas we received 54 inches and the following weekend we received "another foot. I am sure that it will all melt by September or October.. And if you do not believe me about the snowfall totals you can look it up under Erie Pennsylvania on Google.
        What we do during the winter months is to try and stay busy doing hobbies that we enjoy ((like being on MS world).

hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I tredge where I can

I am still fairly mobile. But, I definitely use my walker for any walking outside, for safety reason with recent hip and back surgeries. It makes it a challenge at times when there is fresh snow that has not been shoveled yet. But, still doable for me.

I, too, have increased spasticity with the cold. And, it is certainly colder here. To cold to snow for the most part. I have increased my magnesium consumption to counter this. I take the magnesium routinely.

I have started working on Geneology. Family Search, you can have a free account. You just have to make sure that what is hinted or on there, is true, because it is volunteers that do all of the researching.

And, of course the chat portion of this website.
          God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
          X