Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 12/28/17

Five people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Two made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    One did not.

OTHER:
    Two of us are taking breaks, setting goals for the future, etc.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Still taking a break. Will set goals mid-to-late January, after my guests arrive and leave.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goal!

goal for this week 3K steps/day for 4 days with an average of 2800 steps/day.

Thu 5996 Housework
      Fri 3639
      Sat 6144 Family x-mas dinner
      Sun 3092
      Mon 2765
      Tue 3077 Put hay in chicken nest boxes
      Wen 3433 got chicken feed and placed in bins

I walked over 3000 steps on 6 days with an average of 3933 steps/day. I will keep same goal for next week.

So glad the holidays are over! I have a visit with my endocrinologist next week. Hoping that we can agree on a treatment for thyroids .
      It is cold here and predicted to get even colder. At least no snow/ice. While the cooler weather helps with being able to do more all that I WANT to do is curl up under blankets with a good book .

Hope that all have had a good week (in spite of the holidays ). Happy new year everyone

Comment

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet with rollator (standing/walking/doing activities) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - and stretches.

Was able to do 2 extra 30 min sessions, doing activities.

Will make an additional goal for this coming week of 30 min of continuous walking, 2X.

msgijo - wow you sure walked a lot of steps, congrats!

Good luck with Dr. appointment.

It is absolutely frigid here (with snow and ice) in Northwestern Ohio (single digit and below zero temps), and will continue to be this way for another week!

It's chilly in my apartment, especially if the wind blows. I've been wearing a lightweight, hooded scarf - inside my apartment!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I wasn't able to make my goals I set this wk because I have been moving but I have done more walking and unpacking that I ever though possible. I have also fallen twice but the sec. time I think I fractured a rib, very painful.

I will check in next wk. but I don't think I will make any goals.

I am so impressed on how much exercise all of you are doing. Keep up the good work.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and stay safe!!!
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            I wasn't able to make my goals I set this wk because I have been moving but I have done more walking and unpacking that I ever though possible. I have also fallen twice but the sec. time I think I fractured a rib, very painful.

I will check in next wk. but I don't think I will make any goals.

I am so impressed on how much exercise all of you are doing. Keep up the good work.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and stay safe!!!
            REG it sounds like you did a lot of exercise, despite not making your desired goals.

I'm so sorry to learn about your falls, and that you injured your rib, which is causing you much pain.

Hoping for you that it is going to heal quickly.

Happy New Year to you too!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not make my goal

I did no exercises except for my hand writing Xmas cards. LOL. Thank heaven they are done. I'll try to get back on the horse this week. Karen

Comment

Happy New Year to all!

I finally figured out how to set a goal and hopefully reach it. I am counting hours during the day that I'm actively doing things - such as laundry, grocery shopping, babysitting, house cleaning, yoga, etc. At this point in my MS life, these are all exercises!

So for next week, I'm trying for 1.5 hours each day/4xweek while I'm involved in these activities. I have been writing times on paper to keep track.

Keep moving and stay warm
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X