Ampyra and leg weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ampyra and leg weakness

I have been taking ampyra for about 2 years.
    My left leg has been getting weaker and my balance is getting worse. I find myself furniture surfing a lot.
    This started about 6 months ago.

Well I stopped taking ampyra 3 days ago. Now my legs seem to be moving slower but I am a lot more stable. I am able to walk without looking for something to grab on to.

I think I will continue to not take ampyra for a week and see what happens.

Has anyone else experienced leg balance and weakness issues while taking ampyra for over two years?

Kind of the opposite, really. I've been on Ampyra for a few to several years, and I can definitely tell when I miss a dose or two. I hope you can keep up your walking with no med.

Comment

Originally posted by headrift View Post
      Kind of the opposite, really. I've been on Ampyra for a few to several years, and I can definitely tell when I miss a dose or two. I hope you can keep up your walking with no med.
      I agree. Amypra is the only med that I take that I definitely notice an immediate difference when I miss a dose. I've had insurance errors in the past which have significantly delayed my Ampyra refills (I've had to go as much as 4 weeks without...!) and the decline is not only noticeable, but pretty depressing. I NEED my Ampyra.
      ~Jenny~
      Diagnosed 12/2010
      Copaxone 1/2011

Comment

I just stopped my Ampyra. I have been taking it for years but since it is going Generic they have discontinued funding so I along with a lot of other people are messed up.

I really feel the difference. I was so weak.

I have a baclofen pump implanted so I'm hoping we can get it adjusted to get my legs back where they were before I started this drug.

I am still walking, tho.

Comment

Working...
        X