Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/28/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/28/17

Hi Everyone. I finished my last four Xmas cards today. What a relief. I hope others are doing better than I in the weight department. Unfortunately many of us eat more than usual when under stress and the Holidays certainly can produce stress even though they are fun and fulfilling. Of course there is also an abundance of culinary temptations at get togethers. We still have a few days to go until New Year and I don’t want to be a wet blanket. Make the most of Holiday fun. Do have a Happy New Year. New Years resolutions are just around the corner.

I can’t believe it. I gained two pounds and now weigh 118. This is more than I have weighed in years. I honestly did not think I was eating more than usual but the scale doesn’t lie. I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I hope you are having a good Holiday season.

Mamabug, that is certainly a teeny gain. In fact it can be considered a success this time of year. Keep up the good work

Hsmaldo, you did well to stay the same. Not gaining is true success this time of year. Sorry about your cookie craving. I love cookies and don’t dare have any in the house. It sounds like you are your incredibly busy self. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, that is good that you had the thyroid test. I hope you will be feeling better with treatment. Good for you for losing this week. I can’t imagine it with all of the Holiday temptations. Keep doing what your have been doing.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Happy Holidays.

kbragg60, it is good to have you with us. You certainly are slender and I’m sure we could take lessons from you about how not to pack on those unwanted pounds. It sounds like you are doing what you need to do to put on weight. Have you ever seen a nutritionist? Perhaps such a person could have some suggestions. Have you tried increasing healthy fats into your diet such as nuts or avocado to name a couple. Of course there is also olive oil and peanut butter. Best wishes for the New Year.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Just do the best you can.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.1pounds by two members. This is almost a miracle this time of year. Good luck to all this coming week.

Total Gain:

.2 pound by one member. This is almost a cause for celebration. Not to gain more is a true wonder.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4050.61 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.2 lbs

Recent weights:
    12/21/17: 136.0 lbs
    12/28/17: 135.8 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 1.5 pounds

Well I totally blew it this week . Gained 1.5 pounds .
      That puts me at 119.9 pounds which is over not only my goal weight but also outside of my band of +/- 2 pounds.
      I kinda knew that the fruitcake was not going to be good for me, and the fudge too. But they were oh so good . Unfortunately there is still some of both left here.

Always amazes me that so little of certain foods add tons to my weight while taking tons of food from my diet only drops so little weight . Maybe keeping this in mind will help deter me from finishing the evil good stuff off .

Karen, what can I say - it tis the season. New year resolutions are in order for both of us .

Faith, GREAT JOB! Christmas week and you lost weight . Keep up the awesome job.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Faith, GREAT JOB! Christmas week and you lost weight . Keep up the awesome job.
        Thanks, but don't be too impressed. We had one Christmas meal, but mostly I didn't have many temptations. Christmas cookies are in the freezer to wait for Daughter and her family, who will be visiting Jan.5 for 10 days for a late Christmas. Lots of cooking and eating then. That's when I will likely gain my weight.

Oh. And New Year's Eve.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 5 lbs.

Howdy,
          The stress and food did get the better of me. Whenever I forget to utilize my Fitbit. I gain weight. I saw my neuro before christmas, and my blood work came out wacky. I need to follow up with my PCP. Something was off with my thyroid I've never had that before. Could explain why I'm having trouble with my weight these days. I love your dedication. Y'all are my heros!
          Be Blessed
          DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Working...
          X