No announcement yet.

Dairy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I agree that cutting out dairy or gluten isn't going to 'cure' things, it can make a remarkable difference to one's quality of life.

Two and a half years ago I completely cut gluten from my diet. Incredibly, I was able to halve my pain drugs and go back to work part time due to an improvement in fatigue from less drugs. I'm not Coeliac and don't have the genetics for this, but am what they call 'Non Coeliac gluten sensitive'. I'm also in the process of cutting dairy out of my diet as this seems to make a difference to my fatigue levels. We suspect this is because I have a sensitivity to dairy, as I was one of those kids who screamed and vomited my way through my first year of life.

We didn't make the dairy connection until we had our first child and worked out that her screaming and vomiting were related to dairy. Interestingly, when we fed her dairy straight out of the vat from the farm, there was no screaming, vomiting or eczema. Doing a bit of research into why this might be, we discovered that the process of heating the milk changed the protein structure and this is what she was reacting to.

Comment

This is all very interesting, different people - different responses to dairy, just goes to show how damnable this bloody disease is - no two people are the same, what works for one could very well have no effect at all on another. I have heard how people have cut all gluten from their diet and received amazing results. I did that for several months and absolutely made no difference whatsoever. However after cutting out dairy, no more than three or four days later my relapse started to subside. Go figure…
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

The only dairy I'm guilty of is cheese though I do limit it. I've limited dairy or cut it out completely before I was dx'd, so I can't say how it affects MS.

Give Coconut milk yogurt a try. Been eating this for several years and I love it! I mix it with fruit and cereal.

Comment

Working...
        X