Exercise Check-In for 12/21/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 12/21/17

Sorry I'm a day late. Yesterday was hubby's colonoscopy, so I spent time driving him to appointment, waiting with him, driving him home, etc. Spaced this out. Will report later.

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two reported that they did not make goals. But they made partial goals.

OTHER:
    I set a new goal.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made Goal + Housecleaning

Hi everyone

Made goal of up on feet (standing/moving/activities) for 30 min, 4X a day, everyday - and stretches.

Did 3 extra 30 min sessions doing housecleaning, instead of doing the 3 extra 30 min of continuous walking (it was apartment inspections time!).

I was concerned that my stamina would be depleted if I tried to do the walks too.

I made the right decision, as housecleaning used up a considerable amount of energy.

My sister does the mopping and vacuuming of the floors regularly, and I manage most all the rest.

So, I'm grateful that I had a very good and productive week of physical exercise.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo -that was a good use of energy available. It's like "counting spoons" if you remember the story!

I didn't necessarily make a goal, but managed to stay active. No "couchpotato-ing" for me

I will start making a goal for the new year. Happy holidays for all

p.s. for those who don't know the counting spoon theory- https://butyoudontlooksick.com/artic...-spoon-theory/
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I made goal.

Thu 3214
        Fri 3640 Watered plants in greenhouse
        Sat 1982
        Sun 1383
        Mon 3139 Got chicken feed and put it in bins
        Tue 3009 Thyroid test
        Wen 3641 Shopping

Walked over 3K steps 5 days and averaged 3648 steps / day.
        My goal for this week will be 3K steps/day for 4 days with an average of 2800 steps/day.

Had Iodine Uptake test on Tuesday and will see doctor in 2 weeks to start treatment. I am looking forward to feeling better .

KoKo - Awesome! Keep up the great job.
        I agree housecleaning takes an enormous amount of energy. That is why only 2 rooms in my house are almost always cleaned (kitchen and den). I pick up in the bedroom and dh takes care of the bathroom, but he living room and dining room are hopeless. It makes me thankful that we have so little company .

Seasha - I like your goal! That is what I manage to do most weeks (just a have to do type of thing) but find that it helps me to push just a little more if I have a specific goal to meet. I am trying to get dh in the mindset that sitting in front of a screen isn't healthy and that he needs to stay moving doing something.

Merry Christmas to all .

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          KoKo -that was a good use of energy available. It's like "counting spoons" if you remember the story!

I didn't necessarily make a goal, but managed to stay active. No "couchpotato-ing" for me

I will start making a goal for the new year. Happy holidays for all

p.s. for those who don't know the counting spoon theory- https://butyoudontlooksick.com/artic...-spoon-theory/
          Exactly, Seasha ~ we have only so many spoons!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
            I agree housecleaning takes an enormous amount of energy.
            I usually have my sister put a Clorox bleach tablet in my toilet tank, to prevent mold from forming on the rim between cleanings.

Well, I haven't remembered to do that for awhile, and the rim was showing some moldy areas.

(I think that by having the bedside commode sitting over the toilet (with the splash guard on it) the bowl doesn't get as much light as it used to, and that encourages the mold growth too.)

I scrubbed, and scrubbed, and scrubbed with the toilet brush and cleaner, but to no avail (and my arm was about ready to fall off).

Then I remembered, that when it got like this in the past, I had used a plain old toothbrush, and it came right off.

So after a long rest, I went into my cleaning supplies box and got out the toothbrush.

With very little effort, the toothbrush got the moldy areas cleaned off in no time.

I will definitely remember the toothbrush, if this happens again!

Comment

I decided not to pursue my goal or post my exercise for now. I didn't keep very close track -- I might have reached it last week, but I may not have.

For now, I'm not very motivated. Concentrating on Christmas. And, our Christmas is sort of extended, because my daughter and her family are arriving on January 5 and staying for 10 days.

I haven't been great at either my PT or going to the Y. I hope to get back on the wagon after they leave. In the meantime, I have other things to concentrate on.

Pats on the back to all of you for continuing, even during the busy holiday season. And, my apologies for not. But, I will get back to it. I will.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Did not make my goal

I failed completely. No goals. Rushing. Karen

Comment

I made my goal. Rode bike 3 days. I did post last wk, just notice it wasn't here. I guess I didn't hit submit.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                  X