Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly diagnosed vet

Greetings all,

stumbled across this forum reading up on MS. Recently diagnosed last August. Got out after 11 years last February. First incident was last deployment summer of 2016. VA claim filed 9/17 currently in reviewing evidence phase with an estimated completion date of Valentines day 2018. Of note, three other guys that were at the same FOB as me in Iraq between 07-09 recently diagnosed as well. Currently on Tecfidera. Have a good Christmas all.

Originally posted by HeadHunter13 View Post
    Greetings all,

stumbled across this forum reading up on MS. Recently diagnosed last August. Got out after 11 years last February. First incident was last deployment summer of 2016. VA claim filed 9/17 currently in reviewing evidence phase with an estimated completion date of Valentines day 2018. Of note, three other guys that were at the same FOB as me in Iraq between 07-09 recently diagnosed as well. Currently on Tecfidera. Have a good Christmas all.
    Hello HeadHunter13 ~ Welcome to MSWorld!

Thank you for your service!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Greetings all,

n

Thank you for your service and welcome aboard.

We have a small community of veterans here with some pretty detailed information if you do a search on MS claims. With MS, you qualify to join PVA.org and I would encourage you to do for the benefits.

Comment

*update* just got a letter from DAV saying I was rated at 100% with SMC. Also, initially went with PVA but my local reps were no responsive so I switched to DAV. I do not recommend PVA at all!

Comment

*update* just got a letter from DAV saying I was rated at 100% with SMC. Also, initially went with PVA but my local reps were no responsive so I switched to DAV. I do not recommend PVA at all!
          WOW! Thats great that you were able to get 100% from the start. Thanks for your service.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

For me PVA was worse than nobody, had to fight against PVA (strange)

I did my OWN research, and went with DAV, they were helpfull!

Comment

SMC rating

I have been with PVA since 2000 and they have breen wonderful in handling my claim. I am sure the area is important. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and I am treated at the Palo Alto VA. I am also SMC rated and the PVA has Ben with me through 4 SMC upgrades. They even were with me for my BVA appeal.
              Rich

Comment

My PVA here in Michigan worked AGAINST me! no JOKE!

I also witched to DAV........ t diff was night & day.

Comment

SMC

just curious what SMC rating you got. I started as SMC M 1/2 and I’m now, unfortunately SMC R2
                  RICH

Comment

Sorry that you were treated so bad.

Originally posted by richjh101 View Post
                    just curious what SMC rating you got. I started as SMC M 1/2 and I’m now, unfortunately SMC R2
                    RICH

Comment

Working...
                    X