Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Alaska!

Hello from Alaska!

My wife was recently diagnosed with PPMS. She is a born raised Alaskan and we have two children together. One boy (age 6), and one girl (age 4).

She has been a on a aggressive decline for nearly two years and we're just finally getting answers. This has changed our plans in life and we're still trying to make sense of everything. I just graduated college and my future job (which I've put on hold for now) would require me being gone for 1-2 weeks at a time, but then be home for the same amount of time.

I am going to stop here for now because our story could take hours to write. She was even in a car accident a couple years ago and that too is playing into her daily life (multiple surgeries with many more in the future). I would love to share our story and cultivate some on-line friends since there is not community or groups in our locality.

Thanks!

Hello FrozenWanderer and welcome to our MSWorld family,

I lived in a small town in Alaska from 1978 - 1994 and loved the magic of the land. Unfortunately, I started experiencing weird eye symptoms beginning in 1989 and it was chalked up to having a nervous breakdown (during the ExxonValdez oil spill). I had other weird symptoms in the following years.

I moved to the lower 48 in '99 when I was finally diagnosed. I'm sure the MS medical knowledge has changed significantly since then!

I am sorry to hear of your wife's diagnose - especially being in a car accident which complicates matters. I know the NMSS has chapters in Alaska, but being in such a large state, it might be hard to connect with them if you are in a remote location.

We hope we can be of help to you and your wife here and be sure to share more of your stories. Take care!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello FrozenWanderer and welcome to MSW. I'm sorry about you wife's diag. and car accident.

This forum has helped me a lot and I don't feel so alone.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks for responding.

Sorry it took some time to respond back. My chemistry final was absolutely brutal, but all is well and passed the class.

Anyways, my wife had another surgery, but this time it was for wrist. All prior minor surgeries were easy recoveries, however, this time it was different and she had difficulties recovering.

Comment

Hello frozen wanderer and welcome to the group. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you and your wife are currently going through. All the more to say congratulations on smashing your chemistry final, that is impressive. This is a pretty comprehensive site, if you have any questions or want to know something in particular, I’m sure you will find it on here, if not then please ask.

I too used to live in Alaska, first in Fairbanks and then Homer. I am sure many things have changed since that time LOL. After Alaska moved back to New York and from New York a hop skip and jump across the pond to England LOL

Welcome 😊
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X