New Here, waiting for diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here, waiting for diagnosis

Hello, has anyone heard of “late onset ms”? I have a history of rt. sided Bell’s palsy for approx two yrs. I was worked up beginning of year for possible ms because of recurring facial numbness and droop. MRI had white spots but lp was neg dr said. Three weeks ago I woke in the am with stroke like symptoms, facial numbness, off balance, weakness pins and needles in left arm. I work in an ER so they made me a code stroke and I had every scan known to man. I finally had an angiogram to rule out blockage. Discharged as tia (mini stroke). Follow up with Neuro, had emu which was neg. for continued weakness in arm, doing mri of c spine, doing eeg, and I have an appt in March 2018 (first available) with the MS Clinic because I’m still off balance, blurry vision, floaters, arm weakness,restless leg, tired all the time, foggy brain, occasionally tripping. Thanks for listing, any suggestions? By the way I’m 57 yrs old.

JerseyGirl

Hi JerseyGirl and welcome to MSWorld

Have you had a recent eye exam? If not I would suggest seeing an Ophthalmologist to evaluate your vision problems. Just a FYI: eye floaters are usually normal and of no concern, however, it is best to err on the side of caution.

Late onset MS is an older term not usually used anymore. Multiple Sclerosis used to be known as a young person's disease, diagnosed between the ages of 20 -40. MS no longer has age parameters, the very young (pediatric), those over 50 and every age in between are diagnosed with this disease.

Best wishes on your upcoming cervical MRI
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

second

I second Snoopy's suggestion. You should be able to get into the opthamologist pretty quick. And, if there is issues, they may refer you to a neuro opthamologist to check those things out. This may even be quicker then the MS neuro.

But, it also needs to be checked out.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hi JerseyGirl,
          sorry that you're having these issues. There are actually a few MS clinics in NJ, you may be able to get into one sooner than another. There's the one in Northern NJ-Teaneck I believe, the one in Central--Freehold and then I believe Dr. Bromley has one in Southern NJ.

I would also encourage what the others have--to see an ophthalmologist sooner rather than later. that's how my diagnosis process began (and I was also put in the stroke unit for all my testing in the ER/hospital stay) There are neuro-ophthalmologists at Wills Eye Institute in Philly, but that might also be a wait.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          X