IV Steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV Steroids

Has anyone had IV Steroids for numb feet?
    My feet started feeling slightly numb about 4 months ago. No problem walking but my feet feel awful. No new lesions on my most recent MRI. My doctor feels that treating with Steroids is a possibility but he'd rather not treat this problem with such serious medications. Never had IV Steroids so don't know much about this subject.

Hope to hear from someone.

Hi rsinger,

Neurologists really don't like to prescribe steroids for sensory symptoms since it is questionable if they will help. Even if steroids help at the time you are on them it's possible for the numbness to return after steroid treatment. Honestly, treating sensory symptoms with steroids is like flipping a coin, will it resolve or will it not.

No new lesions on my most recent MRI.
    Did that MRI include a cervical spine MRI?

I have had numbness from the waist down several times which included my feet. With and without steroids my numbness resolved.

Best wishes
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

IV Steroids

This last round of MRI images was of brain and thoracic. I had to ask the the doctor for the thoracic imaging. No longer seeing that doctor. As I was writing this I got a call back from my neurologist. We decided to try gabapentin for now. I know this medication comes with some side effect but they all do. Always something with this disease.

Comment

My neuro also doesn't like giving steroids for sensory sx's but I had numbness from the waist down and I was in bad shape couldn't walk so he gave me 5 days iv steroids. After about two wks feeling started coming back.

He has never giving me steroids for burning pain.

I wish you well.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

IV Steroids

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
          My neuro also doesn't like giving steroids for sensory sx's but I had numbness from the waist down and I was in bad shape couldn't walk so he gave me 5 days iv steroids. After about two wks feeling started coming back.

He has never giving me steroids for burning pain.

I wish you well.
          In your case I believe Steroids was a good choice and it looked like it helped. My foot problem is really annoying but it hasn't stopped me from my daily activities. Hope I can tolerate the gabapentin.

Comment

Working...
          X